It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
[font=Arial]
The 2008 Spirit Of Love event is off and running!

We're here with a great group of fans, and enjoying the fantastic Long Island weather!

We had a great time on the beach, remembering Laura and Danny with kind and fond thoughts, and recalling the past events, and the wonderful memories of friends reunited. And, we all added "rock climbing" to our activities... some who've attended in previous years may have ventured out onto the large rock breakwater along the part of the beach that we visit each year, well, we all attempted the feat this time around!

Also out on the beach, Kathy did a live phone-in chat with Codi Jeffreys of Ottawa Canada's Majic100 FM radio station, during Codi's "That 80's Show" broadcast/web simulcast, and Codi then played Danny's favorite song, "Shattered Glass", in his honor! Thanks, Codi!

It was also a nice surprise when we returned from the beach and were joined by Danny's stepmother and Danny's friend Loretta, as well as another friend of theirs, who have also planned to join us tomorrow.

Among our in-hotel activities was the premiere viewing of the never-before-seen 1998 Meadowlands show!

All in all, it was a great opening day for SOL. Stay tuned for more from the 2008 Spirit Of Love!

Vince & Kathy

[/font]

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post subject: SOL 08
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:50 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

Hi e verybody. I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:14 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

Hi everyone,

Just a quick email from me from SOL 2008 at Long Island NY. The last days activities have just ended and I wanted to say what a wonderful time I have had. Thanks to Kathy and Vince for all the tremendous effort they go to putting the weekend together. It's truly been a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, especially travelling from Australia and I'm so glad I made the trip. My favourite part of the weekend was today - venturing out to East Quogue and seeing Laura's house and the area where she used to live. It's a beautiful area and I can see why Laura called this part of the US her home.

I have met some wonderful and genuine people over the weekend and feel very much a part of the 'Laura family!' now. I was welcomed with open arms and it's a wonderful feeling to feel love from people that you met only days ago, but we all have this deep bond because of our passion for Laura - it's amazing! Because I never got to see Laura perform live or meet her, this weekend was my chance to celebrate and honour her life and music, and words can't describe how happy this has made me feel. I have taken many pics of the weekend which I will forever cherish and will be happy to post here on lbonlibne in the near future, probably after my travels. (middle Sept) Vince and kathy I hope you can wait til then! :o

I am on my way to London tomorrow night, so it's bye from me! What an awesome weekend! Laura will never be forgotten.

Cheers,

Alli :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:09 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

To all the amazing LB fans,

Thank you so much for allowing Loretta and I to invade your 2008 SOL memorial gathering! It was truly an honor and privilege to be able to meet many of Laura's ardent followers and Danny's friends. He spoke so highly of everyone he'd met through the years, whether in person at the memorial celebrations or chatting online about a particular Laura subject.

I was so touched by the outpouring of kind words and deeds by so many of the "Laura group" when he died and thought it would be incredible to be able to travel to Long Island to extend a personal Thank You. It was a bit of a mental struggle determining if it would be the right thing to do that would meet with Danny's approval. Shortly after arriving home in Massachusetts tonight, Loretta and I stopped for a bite to eat - how surprised we were to hear "Gloria" playing in the restaurant just as we finished. Her sister came to pick her up and I headed to my car to finish my drive home. I knew it was all right and all was okay with Danny when my personal favorite "Solitaire" started playing on the radio!!!

So, to Kathy, Vince, Rhiannon, Alli, Kate, Angela, Erika, and JT: Thank you very much for your kindness and generous spirits in allowing Loretta and I the opportunity to meet you all. It's easy to understand why Danny was so fond of you and anxious each year to attend the gathering - you are all such warm, inviting individuals with huge hearts and souls.

Hugs to all, Doreen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:53 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Ontario
Pictures anyone?
Marikate

Post subject: SOL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:55 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: MA
Hi Everyone!!! Sounds like it is another successful event. Not sure if it is still going on or if you'all have headed home. Did Tommy get a chance to stop by this year? Melxoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 am 
Platinum
Platinum

State/Province: Victoria
Wow, sounds like everyone had a great time.

Fiona

Post subject: They're coming...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[font=Century Gothic]Hi Marikate and all,

Photos and more are forthcoming, as those of us who were there certainly look forward to sharing with the fans our thoughts and photos from our fabulous weekend together. It has been a very busy time for us since our return, with Rhiannon starting school and catching up on things, and some attendees did not catch their flights and/or begin to make their treks home via other means until Monday evening. Alli is not returning straight home to Australia, as she will be traveling in Europe for the next couple weeks. Given that, her further thoughts/photos will have to wait till she gets back to be posted.

We ask that everyone be patient as we all settle back in, collect our thoughts regarding the gathering, and prep our photos for posting.

Looking forward to sharing... :D

Kathy

[/font]

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

Post subject: Re: SOL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

calyx wrote:
Hi Everyone!!! Sounds like it is another successful event. Not sure if it is still going on or if you'all have headed home. Did Tommy get a chance to stop by this year? Melxoxo

[font=Century Gothic]Hi Mel,

We had another AWESOME weekend coming together to remember our LB, and also shared in a very touching tribute to our Danny, as well.

Yes, Tommy did stop by for a few hours on Saturday evening and was great with everyone as always. He even asked me about the "Greek lady", which is you, of course!

Hoping to have you join us once again at a future Spirit Of Love...

Kathy

[/font]

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

Post subject: SOL Beach Photos
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:38 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[font=Arial]Hi everyone,

On Friday, August 22, we made our annual trek to a beach in the Hamptons where we held one of Laura's memorials over the weekend. Laura loved the ocean, so it's very fitting to pay tribute to her there. It was a beautiful, sunny evening this year as we arrived at the beach. Vince led us with inspiring words, and then we spent time in reflection and having fun together.

While we were there, I also connected live via phone with Codi Jeffreys of Ottawa, Canada's Majic 100 FM while she was hosting her That 80's Show that evening. We spent a few minutes talking about Spirit Of Love and Laura, and then Codi went into playing Shattered Glass in remembrance of Danny.

The beach, the waves, the setting of the sun, thinking of Laura, being with friends - simply beautiful...

Kneeling - Rhiannon and Alli
Standing - Rich, Cheryl, Kathy, Vince, Kate, and Angela

Cheryl

Watching the waves roll in ... Kate, Alli, Rhiannon, and Angela

A beautiful sunset...

Angela and Alli

Our rock-climbing adventure!
Kate, Kathy, Alli, and Angela

Erika and J T joined us on Saturday morning - MORE SPIRIT OF LOVE PHOTOS TO COME! :)

Kathy
[/font]

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter