It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Song " If i were."
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
Do you know this song written by Laura in 1986 ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:17 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
You mean this one? Boy, it's a rarity. The only copy I have of it is a ratty internet download. Wish we had a better one!
TF1
Oh well, I guess the copy and paste thing doesn't work. :confusion-scratchheadblue: It's on YouTube.

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Good to hear from you TF1 :greetings-wavingyellow:
I didn't know Laura wrote this song, I will have to give it another listen :music-listening:
:greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I listened to this song again, I thought it was called "If I were a river". I guess I had forgotten about this song, as it is a good one written and sang by Laura. Another favorite of mine is "Over You" also written and sang by Laura. I wonder how many songs she wrote that she never released? I remember hearing about some of them a while back on a recording that never happened. As I have said, I never net Laura, so I don't know much about her, but from what I have read I think she wrote songs since she started singing, and I imagine she was still writing songs at the time of her passing away. Does anybody have any further insight into this. I would make a new post for this topic, but I can't seem to find how to do that tonight :oops: And NO I haven't been drowning my sorrows as it is 10 years since LB's passing, as I don't drink! :wink: Well, perhaps a Barqs or an A&W every now and again, but I should cut down before I get an A&W Bear Belly!!! :lol:
I better sign out before I get too crazy here! Everyone take care :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:03 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Kansas
Love that song. She really took us somewhere with that song. She had a one way ticket to my soul, so it was an easy journey. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:52 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Yes John,
Laura does have a way into our hearts doesn't she!
I have been listening to her songs the last month on the drive to work, and as usual I HAVE to sing along.
Good thing I don't have one of those dashboard cams with a mic !!! :oops: :lol: :laughing-rofl:
I am looking forward to the Branigan 2 release, I haven't ordered yet, but will soon. I promise! :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:20 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Ma
Great song that is! She did it for Disney World when they opened their new Living Seas exhibit back in the day. Laura sang it for the special they did. I remember watching the special. Hmm, now I must go find it :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:22 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thanks for the info JD, that is very helpful to know. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Perhaps I can incorporate the some "seas" based lyrics into my Laura B song.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:15 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I adore the song "If I Were a River". Simply one of the most beautiful songs ever written, much more recorded. Laura always had this knack for writing the most beautiful love songs - a talent I wish was more realized in her day. While I fashion my liking to everything she ever sang, and indubitably she could sing NO WRONG by me in anyway, I would have loved more of her songwriting to have been included on her albums. But you have to take the bitter with the sweet, and the bitter is the fact that while she was signed, she was limited to singing what the label wanted her to sing. We still got lucky, though.

A dream would be a collection of her unreleased music at some point, with the "Violets are Blue" song in tow, along with "If I Were...", and "A Love Until the End of Time" as well. "Love is Forever" and of course non albums, b-sides, and demos that she recorded herself. I swear, she probably has the most extensive repertoire for any recording artists when it comes to unreleased material. She blows them all outta the water, and all of her unreleased material is just as great (some would argue better) as her released material.

How I still miss her so...

Cheers from Los Angeles!

Caj.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thanks for all of the info there Cajestic
So you are out west in Cali now, I am still weathering it out here in Canada, fall is in the air with the trees colored red. orange and yellow :text-woo:
We are still getting some days of 60 deg. F, so I can't complain.
Take care, it is good to hear from you again.