It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
Low C Bassman wrote:
I was waiting at a stoplight in my car today and I just noticed in my rearview mirror that the driver and passenger in the car behind me were leaning as close as possible to their windshield and pointing to the back of my car, smiling and obvoiusly in a facinated discussion about recognising Laura's name on the decals and plate frame. That's the first time I noticed anybody doing that. Two future forum members? We'll see. :banana-dance:

:text-goodpost:

Or they were stalking you!!! :text-lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: Missouri
Adam W wrote:
I can at least say everyone that knows me knows who Laura is. My friends and co workers have to hear her all the time. Most of the ringtones on my phone are her. May not be huge contribution.. Sadly I never hear her on the radio. I do remeber I called all the radio stations the day she passed and ask them to play her. None of them even knew who she was! I can not understand how someone could be so amazing,have so much talent,and huge songs and everyone seem to have just forget her. Thank God for my parents and brother or I guess I would be in the same boat lol.

All of my co-workers know of LB and her music because I play her music a bunch. Some do not like it, but most are approving. Talent is something that shines through.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:31 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
Another incident with my car. This time I was at a stoplight again (Friday night) and someone drove past me, actually stopped, backed up and asked me what LB meant. I smiled and told him, Laura Branigan. He smiled and said, "Oh yeah, I remember her. Thanks." and drove off. I just love my LB stickers and licence plate frame. Actually, they now share the space with the oval decals that say (WHB - WestHampton Beach) and (HTZ - The Hamptons). Not only honoring Laura but the last place she called home. Truly Montreal's Only Offical BraniganMobile. Now for that personalized Brigade Bumper Sticker............. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I kind of forgot about this, til I came acrossed it while having a look around due to the maintenance going on.
I would like to see the BraniganMobile on the street, that is awesome that you have people actually noticing and asking what it means!
I play Laura's songs a lot while driving my car to work, I burn CDs for use in the car, as they get scratched up etc, so I don't use the originals. The CD I currently play is a mix of Laura, Roxette, Asia, and assorted others. I really enjoy Laura singing "The Lucky One", I also find the vid for that song to be great to watch, seeing Laura the prankster in action!!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I was in a line up at the border crossing today, we all had our engines off, since it was a parking lot for 15 minutes. So I cranked the CD player up to share Laura's nice song "The Lucky One" with everyone in earshot :music-listening:
The windows were all the way down, to prevent me melting!!! So they got the full effect :banana-dance:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
My best friend listen Laura Branigan and he find that Laura is good music and he recordind my cd "The Best of Branigan".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
Since I'm listening to Laura i managed to convince my brother to listen to her hits. No need to convince my father, because he already has a drivig CD including her best hits. But there is still more...

I gues that her music will never pass away, because my 2 children like listening to her :lol: The younger son loves just "Gloria" and "Self Control". My daughter loves them to, but also "All night with me" and "Spirit of Love" :romance-heartsthree: We love just to turne the radion on the upper volume scala and enjoy the music :)

Only my dear wife is a little bit jealous about it :-D (She likes "All night wit me" :D)

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:32 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Ma

This is how I keep Laura's memory alive! I love "Cry Wolf" and it came to one day to design the tattoo that I have on my arm and I love it! The tattoo that I love the most which I'll post soon, now that I've figured out how to post pictures lol. :lol: is one of her signature that I had tattooed on my arm after she signed my arm under another tattoo I had done. Laura would always have a big smile on her face everytime she saw it. I had the ball cap made up after I got permission from Kathy, thank you Kathy :-D Hat says Laura Branigan's Other Half Spirit of Love. I wear it with pride and I've always wanted a Laura ball cap. Love and miss ya my friend! LB always!!!

Thank you Kathy and Vince for all that you do in keeping her legacy alive and well!! Blessed have known Laura and blessed to have you guys in my life. Keep up the great work, I know it isn't easy! But you will always have my support!

God Bless!!
Jen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
That's fantastic Tattoo ! I see that you love Laura forever. I believe that you meet Laura. I think that Laura had love your last tattoo. It's a magnificent homage for the memory of Laura.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
I agree too. That's a nice tattoo :greetings-clapyellow: I must stay, that I do like also your fantastic baseball cup (Would like to have once like Yours :-))

You moved me to another good idea for keeping Laura's legacy alive Jen :-D Must start working on that project :-)

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next