It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:23 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA

As the 2011 Spirit Of Love event came to a close on Sunday, August 7, we're again filled with warm memories of Laura and many thoughts of what she means to each of us, as demonstrated through the varied activities of the weekend, as well as through the sharing of stories amongst one another.

Our traditional Friday trip to the beachfront near Hampton Bays allowed us time to remember and reflect, and to celebrate what brings us together as fans and friends. We also enjoyed the video of Laura's 1998 Meadowlands, NJ, concert which can only be seen at Spirit Of Love!

Saturday was a day filled with special memories, between the memorabilia display, the trivia contest, and a special time during our candlelight ceremony with Tommy Bayiokos, where we all shared some personal reflections; and a special showing of the 1987 Vina del Mar Festival concert from Chile.

Much video footage was enjoyed by all throughout the weekend, again, some of which, can ONLY be seen while attending Spirit Of Love - whether it is sourced from Laura's own personal collection, or through others whose intention it is that the clips only be used for the memorial gathering.

On Sunday, we took a casual approach, dodging raindrops to stroll around Sag Harbor, with a great lunch at a restaurant called "Page at 63 Main". Afterwards, and with the sun making its way forth, we took our drive-by Laura's home in East Quogue, and then stopped for coffee at the famous Hampton Coffee Company in Water Mill before ending our day in Westhampton Beach, to see our friends at Westhampton T-Shirts and to relax for a bit at the Beach Bakery before heading for dinner and back to the hotel.

A FANTASTIC time was had by all the entire weekend, and we can't wait to return to Long Island again!

Kathy will be sharing some additional thoughts and thank-you's, as well as some great pictures soon. Thanks to everyone who helped make this year's Spirit Of Love event a success! We greatly look forward to seeing the fans once again on Long Island, NY, in August 2012!

- Vince & Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I really wish I could have been there with all you folks, I could have had some Birthday cake!!!! :occasion-balloons:
Hope you all had an Awesome time, and I hope to join you in the future with my wife.
I notice that things have been a bit quiet here, don't worry, we are just having a busy summer, us folks will Never ever forget about Laura!!!

BF777 :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:24 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
Hope you all had a great time. Maybe someday..........

Good thing it wasn't THIS weekend! Irene would have crashed the party.

TF1

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi everyone,

Once again a SPECTACULAR time was had by all who attended this 7th annual memorial gathering on Long Island, NY, held in remembrance and honor of the one and only Laura Branigan! Not only was it a weekend about Laura, but also by extension was about the things that she so enjoyed and cherished, such as laughter, sharing good meals together, taking in the ambience and beauty of the Hamptons, lively conversation, and the deepening of treasured friendships. It was also a weekend, not unlike all the others, where Laura's spirit was definitely present as witnessed by certain occurrences, each bringing a smile to the face of all who were gathered. It's a weekend of camaraderie that is undefined in words, and truly something we wish every LB fan could experience.

When Friday arrived, it was time for Other Half Entertainment to set up and test all of our audio/visual equipment, and to set up the room "LB style". We thank our daughter, Rhiannon, for helping with set-up! As starting time neared, our guests arrived, were cordially greeted, and were presented with an event program, event t-shirt, and a Warner Music Gallo Africa Shine On : The Ultimate Collection CD+DVD promotional poster.

Shine On: The Ultimate Collection Promotional Poster

Kathy Golik's (President, Other Half Entertainment) opening remarks

Clockwise: Rhiannon Golik, Jim Raboin, and Sharon Raboin

After event opening, we enjoyed a great afternoon of viewing various LB video footage, including the following:

• USA Network Interview
  • Disney's The Living Seas: If I Were A River
  • The Regis & Kathie Lee Show: Turn The Beat Around
  • Solid Gold: Ti Amo
  • The Johnny Carson Anniversary Show: Maybe Tonight and I Found Someone
  • Solid Gold: The Power Of Love
  • Australian Awards Show: I Want To Know What Love Is (Duet w/ John Farnham)
  • Solid Gold: The Lucky One
  • Italian TV: Ti Amo w/ Umberto Tozzi and Gloria
  • Good Day L.A.: It's Been Hard Enough Getting Over You
  • The Johnny Carson Show: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
  • Monsters TV Show

There's just something very special in watching LB with other fans that you just don't experience when doing so by yourself!

Our dinner break followed.

NEXT UP: Laura's Beach Memorial and our Friday night activities!

Kathy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:47 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi all,

Continuing on with our recap of the 2011 Spirit Of Love Memorial Gathering...

On Friday evening, August 5, we took a beautiful drive to the Southampton beach where we hold Laura's annual beach memorial. We were graced with a beautiful, breezy, sunny evening as we made our way to the ocean.

As we strolled on to the beach, we took in the beauty of the waves crashing onto the shore, and the sun making its journey towards setting. Laura LOVED the ocean, so it's an ideal spot in which to remember her.

The first thing we did was gather together for our traditional beach group photo, and after that Vince led the evening's memorial, speaking forth about 7 years on from Laura's passing being a turning point of sorts, a time where LB fans have either stayed the course in actively remembering her and passing forth her legacy, or have slipped away and moved on. He went on to speak of the importance of those gathered on the beach, as well as those fans around the world who were with us in spirit, and their continuing desire and commitment to never forget the one in a million artist and woman that we've come to pay tribute to, choosing not to place Laura in a chapter of their past, but to carry her with them in the present, and into the future. Kathy then spoke forth, further elaborating upon that ideal.

Left to right: Vince (LauraBraniganOnline-OHE), Rhiannon (Rhiannon), Kathy (LauraBraniganOnline-OHE), Jim (jimr), and Sharon
() denotes Official Laura Branigan Discussion Forum user name

Vince leading the Beach Memorial

Jim and Sharon

Kathy speaking

After the Beach Memorial, everyone was free to walk about, reflect, and take in the sheer beauty of our surroundings for the next half hour. It was a time of conversation and laughter, dipping feet in the ocean, finding seashells and pebbles as mementos, taking pics, and enjoying the stunning ocean sunset - timed perfectly!

Sharon, Kathy, and Rhiannon

Jim and Kathy

Kathy, Rhiannon, and Sharon

Vince enjoying the sunset

Vince and Kathy

Vince and Jim

Sharon, Rhiannon, and Kathy getting a bit soaked!

After having a great time at the beach, we made our way back to the Hilton. Upon arrival, we took a short break, and then gathered again in the meeting room for our Friday night activities.

We started off with a Spirit Of Love EXCLUSIVE, in that this video footage can ONLY BE SEEN at the event, as per our agreement with its owner, and that was Laura's 1998 Meadowlands, NJ concert. What a SPECTACULAR show that was, and everyone enjoyed it immensely! Next, as a prelude to what was to come after, we showed the South African Shine On TV promo spot - what a great job done by Warner Music Gallo Africa on that one! We closed out the first day of Spirit Of Love with a viewing of Laura's music videos taken from the Shine On DVD, and also added Laura's video for Cry Wolf. We finished at 11:15 PM and called it a night, with all having had a fantastic first day at the event, and eagerly anticipating a great Saturday that awaited us.

NEXT UP: Saturday morning, August 6 - LB T-Shirt Time and The Memorabilia Display!

Kathy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Ma
Wished I was there this year :sad: Beautiful pictures at the beach, love that beach. So peaceful, beautiful it is. Just a beautiful area where LB last lived anyways :-D Thank you for posting the pics. Look forward to seeing more :-D Thank you always Kathy and Vince for doing what you guys in keeping her legacy alive!! Long Live LB!!!
Jen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi all,

Continuing on with our 2011 event recap.... Saturday morning, August 6. :happy-sunny:

Saturday is our traditional day when attendees wear their event shirts. :text-woo: The following is the 2011 design:

*Copyright 2011, Other Half Entertainment - Unauthorized use prohibited

Left: Front of shirt
Right: Back of shirt

Designed by Kathy Golik and Vince Golik

With everyone looking great wearing their t-shirts, we started the day off with an LB Memorabilia Display. We enjoy bringing various items with us each year to New York from the Other Half Entertainment archive collection. Logistics prevent us from bringing our entire collection, but we bring as much as we can to share with everyone, and encourage attendees to do so as well.

It was an enjoyable morning perusing all the great memorabilia, with Laura's music providing the perfect backdrop - all making for good conversation about, and reflection upon, great memories of her.

Not too long before we began transitioning to our next activity of the day, we had the pleasant surprise of two sisters who walked into the room, who were staying at the hotel for a wedding, and who proceeded to tell us that they had gone to high school with Laura. Vince and I had a wonderful conversation with them - thanks Betsy and Amy! :text-thankyoublue: :smile:

NEXT UP: The Trivia Contest with accompanying video presentation, and MORE LB video footage to round out the afternoon!

Kat
hy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
What's the golden statue (Fifth from top)?
I know it's not a Grammy, and I don't think it would be an Emmy or anything.
Heaps of really cool stuff there.
You know you've made it when it takes a full room just to fit all of your awards, memorabilia, gold records and posters!
RIP LB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:20 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi George,

The golden statue was one of the gifts given to us by Tommy Bayiokos at the 2010 event - it reads "World's Greatest Singer Of The Year". :clap:

Yeah, only wish we could bring our entire collection, and there is even more to enjoy when others are able to bring pieces of their own collections to share.

Really hoping to see you join us sometime :smile: - will be one of the BEST weekends of your life...guaranteed!!!

Kathy and Vince

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
"...Of The year? :lol:
I would love to go, but it's so far.
Definitely before 2025! Promise.
It looks like an amazing event.
I would like to visit the US some time, so if I ever do, obviously I would have to time it so I can make it to SOL.
Out of curiosity, how many times did LB visit Australia?
I know she came in '83, because she was on Countdown, '86 because she was at the Logies (w/ John Farnham, who I saw in concert a few weeks ago :wink: ) '91 because she was on Steve Vizard's show and Ray Martin's show.
But did she tour all three of those times (or just promo?) Also, is there any visit I'm missing?
Thanks for any insight,
George