It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:50 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Hey All,

I've Burnt A Few CD's Featuring All Of My Favourite Laura-Songs For Some Of My Friends At School, So Far I've Generated 2 New Listeners, But I'm Still Workin' On It, I'll Start Handing Them Out Just As Soon As School Returns!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
:text-thankyoublue: Way to G.W.. About time some of the younger generation started listening to some soulful and heartfelt music!!! Who knows, you might be the one who will "Turn The Beat Around" with your peeps. (up around here peeps is also known as your friends. I'm hip to da jive, and down wit it).
Keep up the good work kiddo (peace out. I'm not the old fart everyone thinks I am)
Jim
The Connecticut Fanigan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:50 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

:text-goodpost: G.W.... and jimr :greetings-clapyellow:
I helped spread Laura's songs in Guatemala recently, as I remembered a YouTube friend and fan of Laura's that mentioned he didn't own the "Touch" album, as I guess it was never sold in that country. I have 2 unopened CDs I bought here a while back, so I put 1 in the mail for him.
I did this for a few reasons, Christmas is a time of giving, some friends have helped me out before, so I wanted to pass the favor along, doing a little good at the same time, and helping to spread Laura's Happiness around in the world, in my own small way! :romance-heartsthree: :music-listening:
I don't mention this to say how nice of a person I am, Trust me, I have Plenty of faults!!! I just wanted to share with you all a way I found to share Laura's legacy. I thank you all for doing your part also!!! :text-woo:
Like helping push "Forever Young" over 1 Million views!!! :text-woo: :occasion-balloons:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
:greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: Way to go Miles! You know, I've always heard rumors that Laura fans from all over the world are very generous to share her music with other fans worldwide. I always figured it was just an urban myth, now you tell us there just might be a Santa Clause! You know how rumors get started!

TF1 (who's glad we have the Miranda rights and the 5th amendment here!) :laughing-rofl:

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I might have some gray hair, but I'm NOT Santa Clause!!!
I hope the CD gets to the person I sent it to, you never know with the mail system! Certainly, if the mail people knew what they had in their hands, it would go MIA for sure!!! :laughing-rofl: Who wouldn't LOVE :romance-heartsthree: listening :music-listening: to the "Touch" album?

I have offered to send my other CD to another person who shall remain anonymous, but my offer hasn't been accepted as of yet. I understand people not wanting to give out their address in this crazy world we live in, thats why I try to give options, like, fine then, I can mail it to your work, or your pastor, all I need is an address where you will get it. I'm glad you and I got thru that all without any problems TF1, man you make great Jerky!!! :text-woo:
Catch ya later :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hi everyone,

Low C recently sent us some photos on disk of his LB "ride" for us to post here.

His car is looking SHARP with the LB oval decals and "Remembering Laura" license plate frame, both complete with the LauraBraniganOnline.com web address. :happy-sunny: It's awesome to know that whether he's driving his car or has it parked, the presence of those simple LB items serves a two-fold purpose - a personal honoring of Laura and the legacy that she has left us, and either reminding others about Laura or piquing the interest of those who may not know of Laura Branigan and giving them direction as to where they can find out more about her at her official website. It's definitely a case of "a little goes a long way".

A BIG :text-thankyoublue: to Low C and all the others like him who proudly display these LB items on their vehicles, as it's another great and very public way that fans can do their part in ensuring that Laura is never forgotten. :happy-wavemulticolor: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-thankyoublue: John, for sending the photos along to us! :smile:

Kathy and Vince

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I Wish I Could Have One Of Those Plate Covers On The Back Of Our Family Car, If It Weren't For 3 Reasons:

1) The LBO.com Part Would Cover Some Of The Numbers And The State Bit.
2) Our Number Plate Isn't The Right Size And
3) Mum Won't Let Me!

But We Made A Comprimise, I Get To Have An LB Mousepad And Mug, But Not Until I 'Earn It'!
I Think That's Fair, Because The Breakdown Of Music Listened-To In Our Car Would Probably Be
90% Laura, 9% Pat Benatar And 1% Mum's Music ('The Waifs'. Some Australian Country Band, EWW!)

By The Way, I've FINALLY Put My LB Sticker On The Back Of My School Diary, Where Everyone Can See It! Plus I'm Still Handing Out CDs And I Hope That The New LB Vids I'm Posting On YT Will Bring In A New (Or Old) Fan Or Two! :text-woo:
:greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I've Got A Few "B-O-Branigan's" To Hand Out At School Tomorrow, Wish Me Luck!
I Try To Tailor-Make Them Depending On What Songs I Think They'll Like Best, But I Have To Be Pretty Strict As There Isn't That Much Room On A Blank CD :wink: .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:08 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: Va
I can at least say everyone that knows me knows who Laura is. My friends and co workers have to hear her all the time. Most of the ringtones on my phone are her. May not be huge contribution.. Sadly I never hear her on the radio. I do remeber I called all the radio stations the day she passed and ask them to play her. None of them even knew who she was! I can not understand how someone could be so amazing,have so much talent,and huge songs and everyone seem to have just forget her. Thank God for my parents and brother or I guess I would be in the same boat lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
I was waiting at a stoplight in my car today and I just noticed in my rearview mirror that the driver and passenger in the car behind me were leaning as close as possible to their windshield and pointing to the back of my car, smiling and obvoiusly in a facinated discussion about recognising Laura's name on the decals and plate frame. That's the first time I noticed anybody doing that. Two future forum members? We'll see. :banana-dance:

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next