It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More about ourselves
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: Bucuresti
I'll start with me: I am 18 and loving it. Beside Laura, I fancy Pink Floyd, Olivia Newton-John, Scandal, ABBA, Elvis, The Beatles, Roxette, The Sumpremes, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Pat Benatar, Queen and older music in general. :music-listening:

I'm a fan of good drama films, sci-fi/fantasy and anything with Winona Ryder in it :romance-heartsthree:

I also enjoy reading and playing games and having long conversations with friends ( but not just chatter :text-lol: )

Of course life hasn't been all fine and dandy, as we went through losing two precious members of the family and I fell to depression last summer. Luckily, that's all in the past.

Post subject: Re: More about ourselves
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Glad to have you here on Laura's Forum with us!
Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.
I am a guy pushing 50, just got married for the 2nd time a year ago to a lady from NY, and have 3 kids. The oldest son just got married last weekend :clap:
Best of all, guess what his wifes name is......

Yes, it is Laura!!!!! :banana-dance:
I am kind of surprised they became an item, since he would always shutdown the CD player when we were outside working on cars, whenever I would put on an LB CD, he said that the neighbors would think I was a wimp for listening to her music! :mad:
So I layed off on it while he was around, and cranked it up when I was alone! :music-listening:
Anyway, congrates to my son and his wife Laura :text-woo:

Listen to Laura's songs a lot, they will help cheer you up, it works for me when I have a blue day. Have a good one, and hope to hear from you again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: Bucuresti
Hey again, you know, I... it's for the first time I ever have a serious girlfriend and I'm absolutely in love :romance-heartsthree:

I promise I'll make an LB video and upload it ASAP, time flies when I'm so in love you see... :techie-typing:

Oh and I always have to play one more from Laura, Lita, Joan and Pat to make my day complete and I forget about everything else except my love :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Howdy there :greetings-wavingyellow:
Thats great that you have fallen for a nice girl! :text-woo:
I had a bunch of high school sweethearts, but none of them ever knew it, well at least I never had the fortitude to say so. Things changed when I was about 20, I finally started dating, going to dances etc. A few years later, I was wearing a wedding ring :banana-dance:

Ed, have you ever listened to any songs by the group "Toronto"?
The lead singer has a nice voice, her name is alluding me, she is from NC.

I almost made a Boo Boo again, and danged near clicked on the first LB listing in google!!!! :mad: I figured that website had dried up and blew away by now!

Anyway, here we are at Laura's website having a good time. I have been listening to Laura's songs on my drive to work, but the road is bumpy, and the CD player skips sometimes :cry: Therefore it can be very difficult to stay in sync singing along with Laura!!! :music-listening:
I have been noted to sing along with a bunch of Laura's songs on youtube, for better, or worse! All in good fun :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Hmm.. More about ourselves... hmm...
George, 16, Australian.
I am, to quote a well known forum-poster, a Branifan :lol:
Although LB is by far my favourite, other musicians that I listen to and love include: Pat Benatar, Blondie (and Debbie Harry's Solo stuff), David Bowie, Roxette (thanks BF777!), The Bangles, Bon Jovi, Cyndi Lauper, Kim Wilde, ABBA, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, The Pretenders, Tina Turner and Scandal (Surprised to see another big fan, EddRo!)

hmm... What else?
Love tennis (probably the only sport where I wouldn't make a fool of myself, haha).
Love radio, listening and broadcasting.
I am a huge fan of Talkback radio (however, after listening to Rush Limbaugh online recently, it safe to say Australian Talk Radio is quite different in some respects: http://www.2gb.com/), especially Ray Hadley (who most Aussies would know) and Alan Jones (who, coincedently, uses Gloria as his theme song).
I enjoy radio broadcasting too, which I do on our local radio station with a few friends. Have fun, make mistakes, get in trouble from management, haha.

Big fan of Economics and Legal Studies at school...

I'm kind of worried to say that there isn't much else, :lol: .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi there GW, great to hear from you! :greetings-wavingyellow:
I wasn't quite sure that I encouraged you to listen to Roxette also, I knew I had strongly recommended Pat Benatar, after we saw her in concert!
So you are right into radio broadcasting, thats cool, my brother had a small sports talk show back 10 years ago, he was dedicated also, as he was on at 5am live!!!! :shock:
Hope all is well there in Australia.
Spring is trying to poke its way thru here in Canada, but cold Arctic air is here once again.
Take care. :greetings-wavingyellow:
BF777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Ah, yes, I forgot you introduced me to Pat, too! :text-thankyoublue:
I'm not really into sports (except tennis), but I would love to do talkback radio, but thankfully I only had a small stint at 4.30 AM starts of a weekend; now 4PM, haha, much easier.
Great to see a few more people on the forum, I visit regularly, and I'm making an effort to post more, too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Good to hear from you there GW!
I am glad to see more folks coming back to the forum, things were kind of quiet there for a while.
I know we all have busy lives, moreso at sometimes than others!
I am not much into sprts either, I played soccer in high school, and in hind sight should have run long distance on the track team, but we can't do everything!
I like volleyball, and wasn't half bad at it, I could serve the ball pretty much where I wanted it to go.
I was a pretty fast sprinter in my younger years, usually placing first during my grade school years, my daughter is pretty fast also. Back a few years ago my brothers oldest teen aged son challenged him to a 100 yard sprint, my oldest son and I got into it also. It was rather surprising at the finish line, my brother was first, his son second, I was third followed by my son. But there was only about 6 feet from first to last, so it was close. His son stopped ribbing him after that!!! :laughing-rofl:
Good times.
I am listening to more of Laura's songs on my drive to work each day, i wish the road was smoother, as the CD skips sometimes, throwing me out of sync with LB :mad:
Catch you later. :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
BraniFan777 wrote:

I almost made a Boo Boo again, and danged near clicked on the first LB listing in google!!!! :mad: I figured that website had dried up and blew away by now!

Hi Miles,

Not sure what's going on, perhaps old cache that needs cleared from your computer, but LauraBraniganOnline.com has held the #1 ranking on a Google "Laura Branigan" search for a few years now.

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Glad to hear that!!! Laura's real site deserves to be Numero UNO!!!!! :greetings-clapyellow:
It is still doing the same thing, even tonight! :mad:
Perhaps it is the Google Canada Dudes being 5 years behind times!!!! :lol: