It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adele
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:20 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Hey guys,
it's been ages since anything's happened here, which is a shame because I think we've got a great bunch of people here, if only a few.
Anyway, I've been listening to Adele for the last few weeks (A bit late, I know).
I play her songs basically every week on my radio show (as well as LB and others, not very diverse, but still good, I think :-D ), but I've really only just started actually listening to her music, and considering it's 2011, she's pretty good.
She's no LB or Debbie Harry or John Farnham etc. But she's got some great songs, and she delivers them spectacularly.
She's selling so many CDs and singles, and everyone seems to like her.
With any luck, she'll become more famous than Lady Gaga etc.
I think she's the best new artist to come out of the 21st century (to be fair, though, the competition isn't strong, haha).

What do you think of her?

Post subject: Re: Adele
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi GW, I must be living under a stone again, since I haven't heard of Adele!
I will have to have a listen to the radio more often.

I just wanted to wish LB a Happy Birthday :occasion-balloons:
We still are thinking of you Gal, and playing your Great songs! :music-listening:
Thanks so much for sharing your Awesome voice with us. :romance-heartsthree:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Guess I came out from under the stone!
I have indeed heard od Adele now :lol:
I have heard a bunch of her songs on the radio, and that she is taking a few years off to enjoy family life.
I guy on youtube suggested the Zontaar the Aliens daughter "Starette" should try to make it big while Adele is on vacation! Starette has only sang 1 song, a cover version of "She's got nothing on but the Radio" by Roxette.
Anyway, have a good one :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
It's magnificent voice but it's not Laura.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Kansas
I knew about her from her first single Chasing Pavements, and she is a great singer. She is SOOOOO young and she has so much potential.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
Hey George!

I heard about Adel, as she was singing her first international hit "Rolling into Deep".
I think that she has a very strong voice and I like listening to her other songs too, especially "Set Fire To the rain...", "someone like You" etc. IMO she's a great young singer with good perspectives for the future.

One more important thing is, that Adele isn't like the whole-pop-crap today. She has her own style and that's what I do appreciate. I am waiting for her next album, that she promised to release after her one-year-breake :-D

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:08 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: texas
I'm proud of Adele. In the way I have always been proud of Laura.
She's more interested in the emotion, the validity of her music, than the "hook" that makes it "Radio". I know, that's the end goal... to survive, you have to get to the masses. I can't imagine Adele working with the SAW machine, just as Laura despised the experience.
Singers like this, are true.

They're not up there selling plastic that looks like wood. They are holding up the beautiful textured wood that was forged with life, with time. Yes, plastic is main stream, it's easily replicated and mass produced. Wood is heavy, substantial, grounded. Feel it. It has warmth and character, it has soul, it's honest... it's real. It's not disposable, so you can love it. You can count on it. It will be with you forever. That's what music should be.

Adele's the first artist, since Laura, who uses her voice to sooth our souls into coming along with her. To use the silence in the music, and the way she phrases her words, to make space for us, to crawl in there, too. To bathe us in a barrage of notes, that we don't even notice, yet they cover us like a rich warm blanket. So that, right there, in that space, we are souls meeting souls. When the song is over, we are touched, moved, and if we match her vulnerability, we are changed a little, every time.

Adele really makes me miss Laura. And, I'm so glad for Adele. It's like Laura's spirit touches me the way it always has, but, with new words... and big red hair. Still the bratty sense of humor and twinkle in her eye, that just says "ha ha, got ya"

If you don't know Adele, look for her live stuff, not the perfect studio releases. Watch her bring her music to you, with more than just her voice, and you'll see Laura.