It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Ma
I wanted to say THANK YOU to Kathy and Vince for all the hard work that you do in keeping Laura's memory alive and well. I know she is looking down with a big smile. You guys put much of your time and own expenses into things. I'm blessed not only to have known Laura but also you Kathy, Vince and Rhi. Thanks again for all you do. Just keep reminding me once in awhile to stand up straight :-D I do miss hearing her say that to me, that memory will always be with me.
By the way Jim its coffee :text-lol:

God Bless,
Jen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:03 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
jd316 wrote:
I wanted to say THANK YOU to Kathy and Vince for all the hard work that you do in keeping Laura's memory alive and well. I know she is looking down with a big smile. You guys put much of your time and own expenses into things. I'm blessed not only to have known Laura but also you Kathy, Vince and Rhi. Thanks again for all you do. Just keep reminding me once in awhile to stand up straight :-D I do miss hearing her say that to me, that memory will always be with me.
By the way Jim its coffee :text-lol:

God Bless,
Jen

THANKS, Jen! :text-thankyoublue: We're blessed as well to know you after our paths crossed years ago through our common love for Laura. We treasure your friendship. You know our hearts and what goes into things, and you're always there for us with your support and encouragement. Of course I tell you every once in awhile to stand up straight :text-lol: , as Laura's not here to do that, always remembering the instruction she whispered to me at Mohegan in January 2004 after coming out of soundcheck and seeing you standing there waiting for the doors to open, "Kathy, make sure you take care of Jen". Always keep my promises to LB!

So glad you made it back to SOL this year! :banana-dance: :happy-wavemulticolor:

Take care and God Bless. :-D :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

:text-goodpost: there Jen & Kathy
I expect Laura would say :"Stand up straight" to me also, as I have a bad habit that way.
And we won't even get into sitting up straight, I think my back would hurt if I did that!
Anyway, nice to hear you 2 conversing about Laura.
Catch y'all later :greetings-wavingyellow:

BraniFan777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:37 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: MA
Hi Everyone!! It is great to read all your posts...especially today as we remember LB on the anniversary of her passing. Are there pics of SOL posted yet that I am missing? They are always the best!!!
Hope everyone is thinking of Laura today and keeping the music LOUD!!!!!!! Melanie xoxoxo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

gday there,so glad to have read some of the posts of this years SOL memorial,wish i could have taken the flight to you guys in the northern hemisphere,but i was racing my rally car over the week here in Perth,West Australia.hope you all had a time to reflect,encourage and remember our dear laura,seems only yesterday that our lives took that dent on her passing,but in reflection we grow stronger and more appreciative for her muic,her personality and her love for many including us her fans.And thats what makes SOL so magical and something all that contribute can be proud.Maybe next year the man from oz will catch that flight and enjoy with those have done it before,cheers and love to you all,and vince and kathy keep up the good work.....from oz....tonester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:46 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi everyone,

I look back and reflect upon our recent 2009 Laura Branigan Spirit Of Love Memorial Gathering, which was held at the Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, NY, with smiles and fond memories, as a really AWESOME group of LB fans :handgestures-thumbsup: :happy-wavemulticolor: joined with us to remember Laura, her artistry, and how much she has touched and continues to touch each of our lives. Fans from Canada :flags-canada: , Russia, and the US :flags-usa: made their trek to the area on Long Island, New York, that Laura last called home, and we thank them :text-thankyoublue: again for their journey and for making the weekend such a very special time, particularly as we celebrated the 25th anniversary of Self Control, the single and the album! :occasion-balloons: We were blessed with three very beautiful, sunny days over the weekend. :happy-sunny:

Vince, Rhiannon, and I spent the morning of Friday, August 14, getting our meeting room ready - banners and wall decorations in place, setting up all our audio-visual equipment, and decorating tables. A little before 2:00 in the afternoon, our registrants began to arrive in the room, and for the next half hour it was a time of making introductions to each other :greetings-wavingblue: and joyfully greeting friends who had returned from previous gatherings. :-D :romance-grouphug:

Spirit Of Love event banner

Special Self Control 25th anniversary banner

German Hold Me Tour promo poster

Table setting with "Laura" and "25" multi-color confetti

Event materials which each participant received, in addition to their event t-shirt, including program, Self Control 25th anniversary pen, LB oval decal, and matted and framed photo of Laura from her personal collection

At about 2:45 we officially kicked off the 2009 memorial gathering, as I welcomed everyone once again and gave some opening remarks. :smile:

Kathy

After that, we jumped right into viewing various LB video footage, which included the following:

• Vina del Mar, Chile - Had to start this year's event off with footage of Laura performing Self Control, of course, and also The Power Of Love and Gloria

• USA Network interview

• Canadian telethon performances - Solitaire, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, and Forever Young

• Solid Gold: SS France stowaway story

• Major League Baseball National Anthem

• Mexican TV - Sin Hablar - duet with Luis Miguel

• Food Network with Robin Leach - interview, performance of Dim All The Lights, and LB cooking demonstration

After we watched the afternoon videos, Vince took over and spent several minutes going over the map handout and driving instructions for the trip to the ocean in the Hamptons that we would be taking that evening for Laura's beach memorial. :auto-rally:

We took our dinner break, which was a great opportunity to get to know more about those we were spending the weekend with, and then afterwards we gathered in the front parking lot of the Hilton to begin our journey to the beach.

NEXT UP: Laura's Beach Memorial and our Friday night activities!

Kathy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi all,

Continuing our recap of the 2009 Spirit Of Love Memorial Gathering... :banana-dance:

On Friday evening, August 14, we all carpooled to the Hamptons :auto-car: :auto-driving: - our destination the ocean for Laura's beach memorial. It was a beautiful, temperate, sunny evening as we made our way there. :happy-sunny:

As we all walked on to the beach, looking out at the horizon and the wide expanse of ocean, it was once again the perfect setting to say some words in memory of Laura - a place that she found to be tranquil, peaceful, and serene. Before we gathered in a circle for the memorial, we took a group photo.:happy-smileyflower:

Left to right: John (Low C Bassman), Alex (aliv2), Jim (jimr), Sharon, Jen (jd316), Kathy (LauraBraniganOnline-OHE), Rhiannon (Rhiannon), Brian, and Vince (LauraBraniganOnline-OHE)
() denotes Official Laura Branigan Discussion Forum user name

Vince then led our beach memorial, focusing on our theme for this year's gathering, which was "Moving Forward", that Laura's passing wasn't the end of the story. It may have been for some fans, but not so for many of us - it wasn't just a phase after which we would just leave it and move on, but we are moving forward together, for Laura and for her legacy. I closed out the memorial with a few words, speaking about the recent death of Michael Jackson and the memorial that was held for him in Los Angeles, attended by thousands of people, and pondering how deeply he touched the lives of those who attended. I'm sure there were those there who felt that he made a deep connection with them, but I would venture to say that fan-for-fan around the world, our Laura had a much greater impact personally in the lives of her fans.

Vince

Jen and Alex

Kathy and Brian

Sharon and Jim

John

Brian and Vince

Rhiannon

Kathy

The next half hour was free time on the beach - walking and talking, dipping feet in the ocean, finding seashells as mementos of our time spent there, taking pics of our beautiful surroundings, and enjoying the awe of the ocean sunset.

Rhiannon getting a little wet!!

Alex, Kathy, and Rhiannon

Brian

We said goodbye to the beach for this year and headed back to the Hilton. :auto-iroc: :greetings-wavingyellow:

After a brief time of freshening up, we reconvened in our meeting room. a BIG THANKS to Jim and Sharon :text-thankyoublue: who returned to the room with a bunch of snacks, including some delicious smoked salmon (Laura would have really LOVED that!) and meat and cheeses, to share with everyone as we proceeded on with our evening video viewing. :happy-wavemulticolor:

It was time for an LB concert! :banana-guitar: :music-singing: :banana-dance: Everyone immensely enjoyed Laura's 1998 Meadowlands show performance, a concert that can only be seen exclusively at the Spirit Of Love gatherings. It was a time of ooh's, ah's, and wow's :greetings-clapyellow: :clap: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :text-woo: , as the consumate artist Laura really nailed the range, the power, and the emotion :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heart: that we all love in the following set list:

Spanish Eddie
Ti Amo
Solitaire
Don't Cry For Me Argentina
The Power Of Love
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
Self Control
Gloria
Forever Young

We finished out the evening with a great showing of Laura's music videos, wrapping things up around 11:45. :text-woo: :happy-wavemulticolor: :-D

NEXT UP: Saturday morning, August 15 - The Memorabilia Display!

Kathy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:49 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: MA
GREAT PICTURES!!!! Looks like the beach was really gorgeous and everyone was having fun. Nice to see Brian back at SOL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:40 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Hi everyone,

Saturday is the day at Spirit Of Love that we ask everyone to wear their event t-shirts. This year's design highlights the 25th anniversary of Self Control on the front and the back features a silhouette of Laura in performance, complete with the infamous belt with the gold-trimmed buckle that Laura wore in the Self Control video and many other times during that time period.

The following is the 2009 design:

* Copyright 2009, Other Half Entertainment - Unauthorized use prohibited

Front

* Copyright 2009, Other Half Entertainment - Unauthorized use prohibited

Back

Design team: Kathy Golik, Vince Golik, Erika Atsumi Foreman, and Steve Hidook

THANKS again to all for a great collaborative effort!!! :clap:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:12 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Great stuff :banana-dance:
I look forward to seeing the rest!
So I guess John really could fit into the medium T-shirt, sorry for buggy you about that :oops:
I could fit, but a large looks better on me. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next