It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:35 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Kansas
I am so glad everyone had a great time. I wish I could have been there.

Post subject: More Pics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

Hi again all,

ok...here we go....here's some more pics of the weekend:

Just arriving at the beach on Friday evening.

Vince's speech

Vince again

A nice pic of Rhiannon and Ang on the beach

Kathy and I

Spontaneous pic of Rhiannon eating..hahaha..gotcha!! :P

Me with Laura's suit from the movie 'Backstage'

Love this pic...Erika and I :lol:

Kathy and the blue PT Cruiser...love the car...and the plates!

Sunday...The Goliks at the bakery!

Westhampton theatre on the main street at Westhampton Beach

On our way to Laura's old house in the PT cruiser :D

At the East Quogue sign....thanks to Vince for this as we pulled over the side of the road quite suddenly to get this shot. Sorry to Cheryl and Richard who were travelling closely behind! :lol:

At the Irish Pub, eating lunch :P

At the winery

Enjoy!

Thanks to Vince for his pc wizardry in helping me attach the pics!

Cheers,

Alli 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:32 pm 
Platinum
Platinum

Kathy, is that a custom made car?

Post subject: Our PT...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:34 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Savickster wrote:
Kathy, is that a custom made car?

[font=Century Gothic]Steve,

Our PT Cruiser is not custom-made, but customized with chrome accessories and some LB/LBO accents.

Kathy
[/font]

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post subject: Re: More Pics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:41 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: MD
allycat wrote:
Hi agaiVince again

At the Irish Pub, eating lunch :P

Alli 8)

And everbody's drinking Guiness i see!I wish i could have gotten off for that.Love the LBOL decal on your car up there too. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Still miss Laura
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:40 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

She was so young. Still hard to believe. It really wasn't that long ago, when I was a teenager in 1987 listening to the Touch album, while lying on the floor of a closet -large closet of our brand new house waiting for the furniture to arrive the next day. Laura helped me through the move. I always felt a special bond- can't explain. I still miss her.

Laura's Fan

Virginia Dare

Post subject: Gathering 2008
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

I am finally getting around to posting! I had a great time at this year's Gathering. I got to meet the famous JT - my mom had told me so many good things about this dude! He lives up to his reputation, which is awesome! And I met Alli from Australia - too cool! We taught her a few American phrases, and she taught us some Aussie ones. Haha! It was great to see Erika (what's up, crazy chick? You know I love you!), Kathy, Vince, Rhiannon and Tommy. I don't think I had met Richard and Cheryl last year - nice to meet them as well!

It was fun to watch the new videos. I especially enjoyed the choreography video - they looked as though they were having too much fun! :D One of the oddest videos was the computer/cyberman show (can't remember the name of it). Laura and two other girls were The Sweet Kicks (or was it The Sweet Cakes? - did we ever determine that?). It was a weird '80's show, and cyberman looked too much like a Ken doll. But Laura rocked it - best part about the show!

By the way, it was fantastic to meet Danny's family! I loved the stories they shared with us. I had met Danny at last year's Gathering, and he struck me as being the sweetest and most sincere guy! He befriended me on myspace right away, which, I will admit, made me feel pretty special. :D He may have been the first person on myspace to find out that I was pregnant. He used to send me emails asking if I was experiencing any crazy cravings. And when I lost the baby, he was very sympathetic. That was Danny - always thinking about others. He was the kind of guy who made me want to be a better person. I had been MIA on myspace for quite some time, so I was shocked when my mom told me that Danny had died. His last post on myspace indicated that, on his last visit, he was "happy." This made me cry even harder, but I was happy that he was happy. I'll miss exchanging emails with him. He was just a super nice guy! Danny's tribute, courtesy of the talented Ms. Erika, was beautiful - truly a testament to his fun, outgoing spirit. It took every ounce of my being not to start bawling (but I did get teary-eyed). Geez, I'm starting to bum myself out. I'm going to stop now before Niagara Falls breaks loose!

Angela

Post subject: Re: Gathering 2008
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:10 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

veggiegirl wrote:
I am finally getting around to posting! I had a great time at this year's Gathering. I got to meet the famous JT - my mom had told me so many good things about this dude! He lives up to his reputation, which is awesome! And I met Alli from Australia - too cool! We taught her a few American phrases, and she taught us some Aussie ones. Haha! It was great to see Erika (what's up, crazy chick? You know I love you!), Kathy, Vince, Rhiannon and Tommy. I don't think I had met Richard and Cheryl last year - nice to meet them as well!

It was fun to watch the new videos. I especially enjoyed the choreography video - they looked as though they were having too much fun! :D One of the oddest videos was the computer/cyberman show (can't remember the name of it). Laura and two other girls were The Sweet Kicks (or was it The Sweet Cakes? - did we ever determine that?). It was a weird '80's show, and cyberman looked too much like a Ken doll. But Laura rocked it - best part about the show!

By the way, it was fantastic to meet Danny's family! I loved the stories they shared with us. I had met Danny at last year's Gathering, and he struck me as being the sweetest and most sincere guy! He befriended me on myspace right away, which, I will admit, made me feel pretty special. :D He may have been the first person on myspace to find out that I was pregnant. He used to send me emails asking if I was experiencing any crazy cravings. And when I lost the baby, he was very sympathetic. That was Danny - always thinking about others. He was the kind of guy who made me want to be a better person. I had been MIA on myspace for quite some time, so I was shocked when my mom told me that Danny had died. His last post on myspace indicated that, on his last visit, he was "happy." This made me cry even harder, but I was happy that he was happy. I'll miss exchanging emails with him. He was just a super nice guy! Danny's tribute, courtesy of the talented Ms. Erika, was beautiful - truly a testament to his fun, outgoing spirit. It took every ounce of my being not to start bawling (but I did get teary-eyed). Geez, I'm starting to bum myself out. I'm going to stop now before Niagara Falls breaks loose!

Angela

Hey Ang!

Glad to see you posted! 'Forget about it' (in my best NY accent)..

Take care my friend....

btw...does anyone want a chewy? hahaha lol :lol:

Alli xo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

Hi! Let me introduce myself first. I'm Alexei, shortly Alex, I come from Minsk, Belarus, currently residing in Moscow. I have been a great fan of Laura Branigan songs for a couple of years. Despite the difference in Russian and American mentality her songs are very close to me, let alone her powerful 4 octave voice and a very huge personality of Laura. Judjing on her songs and her activities within a lifetime I can see that she was or better she is exceptionally kind, emotional wise and balanced person.
Next year I'm planning to visit USA, NY for a week or couple to attend my friend who's living in Philadelphia and SOL gathering. And to contribute to Laura's memoring I'm gonna record a DVD with several songs by Laura, but in my performance and send it to you via e-mail (mp3) for your assessment. If you like them I would be able to offer to sing them during SOL/ These are my plans and hopes...
Waiting for your soonest reply with your vision of all that.

Alex

To live and breathe in the spirit of love...

Post subject: WELCOME!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
aliv2 wrote:
Hi! Let me introduce myself first. I'm Alexei, shortly Alex, I come from Minsk, Belarus, currently residing in Moscow. I have been a great fan of Laura Branigan songs for a couple of years. Despite the difference in Russian and American mentality her songs are very close to me, let alone her powerful 4 octave voice and a very huge personality of Laura. Judjing on her songs and her activities within a lifetime I can see that she was or better she is exceptionally kind, emotional wise and balanced person.
Next year I'm planning to visit USA, NY for a week or couple to attend my friend who's living in Philadelphia and SOL gathering. And to contribute to Laura's memoring I'm gonna record a DVD with several songs by Laura, but in my performance and send it to you via e-mail (mp3) for your assessment. If you like them I would be able to offer to sing them during SOL/ These are my plans and hopes...
Waiting for your soonest reply with your vision of all that.

Alex

[font=Century Gothic]Hi Alex,

First of all, WELCOME to the Forum! :) We apologize for the delay in responding... Laura certainly was magnificently gifted as an artist and was a real, down-to-earth, wonderful person as well.

We would LOVE to have you join us at next year's Spirit Of Love memorial gathering. :D We will be announcing the event dates soon.

Sure, you can send us mp3's and we would be glad to take a listen.

Take care and we look forward to hearing more from you here! :D

Kathy and Vince
[/font]

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next