It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

hey guys..
For me, The Power of Love...
my ex-wife and I fell in love over that song. even more so when Laura dedicated it to us in vegas. (was I dreaming or was that real?)
next would be if thats what it takes.
I would sing that to my daughter when she was young, it became our song.
I would write it's lyrics to her in letters over the past year. it got me through some dark times this past year.
next would be I know you by heart.
played at my moms funeral.

but hey, i could tell you a special time regarding everyone of her songs.
Terry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:05 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

:text-goodpost: Rob

Glad you brought this topic back to my attention.
I have a few more to add to my list. I went to Peru on business a few months back. I loaded up my MP3 player with 350 songs, lots of them by Laura :music-listening:
I was there about a week and a half when I was listening to music on the bus drive to work, Spanish Eddie started to play, and I could feel Laura's sweet spirit touching me through the song. I always liked this song, as it was the last one (of only 5) by Laura, that I heard on the radio. I knew then that LB loves her fans all around the world, and continues to touch folks hearts with her sweet loving spirit, just as she said that she wanted to touch people down into there souls. We can see this, as there are fans here from Australia, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, and I know some in South America, so that covers a lot of the globe. Laura has a lot of love! :romance-heartsthree:

So lets keep on feeling her spirit thru those Awesome tunes!!! :music-listening:

Strangely enough, I discovered Youtube and Laura's song "I found someone" right at the time a started to date a lady, after being out of the dating scene for over 5 years, a self imposed exile on my part. Laura was the only lady in my heart during that time, thru her music. Don't dare take that wrongly, I know LB was happily married! My dating relationship kind of cooled off, but we are still in touch as friends, we all Need friends. :greetings-wavingyellow:
So lots of Laura's songs have special meaning to me :banana-dance:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
For me it's "The Power Of Love". Our daughter was very sick when we adopted her in '87. She needed open heart surgery and was very small and frail. Being less than a year old, my wife had to stay home with her full time. The loss of her income forced me to work 2 and 3 jobs at times. Not being able to spend time with my wife and little girl made for a very tough time, but my wife seemed to be able to hold everthing together. I remember really listening to the lyrics of the song, but more importantly the passion that Laura had in her delivery. It made me think of Sharon every time I would listen to it. Now that I look back, it made a very difficult time a little easier because there was someone there to do all that they could when I reached out.
There have been other people who have tried to do this song justice, but NO ONE could ever sing this ballad with as much heart as Laura Branigan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I agree, The Power of Love has special meaning to me also, and to me Laura's version is the most powerful.
Sometimes when I listen to it, I think of Laura caring for her sick husband, that caring act being the ultimate way to show our love for another. It touches my heart deeply, as our family went thru a similar experience. To me, love is the most powerful force in the universe, and I have many reasons for believing this to be the case. Unfortunately I cannot share those reasons with you except in person, as they are to near and dear to my heart.

I have very much enjoyed reading all of the posts in this section, thanks folks :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:48 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: Scotland
Hey guys the song that means more to me than anythin is I know you by heart i played that song when my baby sister died unfortunatly a few weeks later my grandad died thenmy uncle so that song is for them all i miss them terribly just the same as Laura I dedicate the song to her as well she was my inspiration for starting a band at school thanks Laura Love always xx :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
Another one that is appropriate for me is "Believe in Me". I do, as Laura has inspired me to become my best. :-D

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: Missouri
Hey Guys,

For me the song that did it for me was, "How am I Supposed to Live Without You?", followed closely by, "If You Loved Me". I was pining away for the girl that I was, and still am, despeately in love with. She wanted to be my friend. When we met she was a beautiful senior looking to leave our home area of Weatherford, Texas, and go to college. I was a sophmore football player who was very full of himself. (When you become a varsity linebacker, on a winning team in Texas, as a sophmore, you are good!!!). But as a 15 year old waiting for the girl you know that you are ment to be with is let us say difficult.

The song was a painful comfort through the years. Six and a half years later (Yes, 6 1/2), she relented to a date with me. A few months later we were married, and have been for twenty-three years now. She needs not prove her sainthood in any other way. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
:text-goodpost: :-D Good for you Dan. Can't wait to meet the two of you in August.
Are you still playing football. The New York Giants sure could use a good linebacker. No Michael Strahan, no defense!!!
"The Connecticut Fanigan"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: Missouri
Jimr,

Hopefully everything will lay right for us to be there. I'd love to meet you all.

btw...Haven't played any organized football since semi-pro after the USMC. But I do root heavily for the Giants twice a year, hoping they'll beat the Cowboys. I am mainly a fan of the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Texans. I wish the Giants had given Warner a better shake, also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Man, I don't know how you lasted 6-1/2 years Dan! Thats a very long time, especially when you are young, you really must have been in love! :romance-heartsthree: I had a couple of girls I liked up thru grade school, but quickly found others in high school. Of course none of them knew it because I was way too shy to ever let them know I liked them, and I never went to a single dance in high school, my friends and I were too busy working on cars, and not even Hot Rods or anything. But I guess at least we pretty much managed to stay out of major trouble, so it wasn't all bad. :lol:
When I went away to university, it was a different matter, I finally got up the nerve to go on dates, and the dances that the girls asked the guys helped out also. I met one girl that caught my eye, but she quit school after a year, and moved back home a 2 hour drive away, I happened to run into her at a pizza place one time, and got her phone number. The next week we tore the engine out of my Charger and rebuilt it in a class, so I didn't have a car for 3 months, then I went back home for the summer. So I never got to go out on a date with her, since I got engaged and then married that same summer, to a girl from home that I met a year before. I don't really regret not ever getting to go on a date, I just always wondered if we would have hit it off, or not. But alas, it was not to be, now she is married and has kids, so I am glad she is happy. I was married for more than 10 years before we got divorced, so we had our happy times also, and we had good healthy and well natured kids together, so I am glad that we got married, it is just to bad that it had to end. Anyways, that is Awesome that both of you guys are still together with your wives, and I sincerely hope that continues! :text-woo: I am still looking, there are lots of good ladies out there, I just have to find the right one, and get my question asking nerve back!!! But there is lots of time for all that. Take care guys :greetings-wavingyellow: