It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Favorite songs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:12 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

I would love to download "When" and "If I where a river"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

I'd have to say 'I want to know what love is' by Foreigner.

Laura sang it in the early eighties with Aussia singer John Farham at an Australian Music Award show...it's on You tube...
It's one of my favourite songs of the eighties, and when I heard Laura sing it...well...it was amazing....great live performance. It also shows her incredible vocal power.

Alli :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: Ohio
So exactly how much unreleased stuff is there ?
I'm thinking studio wise not live. (although a live soundboard cd release would rock my world)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:50 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

allycat wrote:
I'd have to say 'I want to know what love is' by Foreigner.

Laura sang it in the early eighties with Aussia singer John Farham at an Australian Music Award show...it's on You tube...
It's one of my favourite songs of the eighties, and when I heard Laura sing it...well...it was amazing....great live performance. It also shows her incredible vocal power.

Alli :)

That rendition by Laura makes me cry SO hard. The first time I heard it, and saw that beautiful big smile on her face...I am getting chills just thinking about it. I ran to me bed and broke down because it just reminded me what a great person and singer she was, always smiling and hoping everyone was as happy as she was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

Well Folks, I belong to several Yahoo LB groups and from what I have read there is about 2 albums worth of unreleased and B side material in Atlantic's archives. I love "Fools Affair" (which was released as a promo single), so pretty. "Memories", "One Day" from the Sissy Spacek film "Violets Are Blue". Then there is "Love Is Forever", "Hollywood Wives" and so many others! I'd love to have these all on a collectors Cd of rarities plus a DVD of all of Laura's videos (I know they are on you tube, but after watching them, it makes me want to own them more!). Rhino put out a great Cd collection on Nicolette Larson after her passing, hopefully someone will do this for our Laura!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:53 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

One of my favourites has always been "Looking Out for Number One" from the unreleased album.. I have the promo 12" single for this song, and love the dance almost disco beat to it as well as Laura's always amazing vocals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Memories has come up a few times. When and what exactly is that song? I'd sure like to know! I know Mary MacGregor sang a song called Memories as well, and that song is a winner! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I am not quite sure if this fits the catagory, but I really like "Heart of Me", which was only released on a best of cerrone CD. The video of Laura singing it live in 1989 is Great, with a nice light show. I am almost positive the man on keyboard is Geoff Downes of ASIA fame (anybody got better eyes than I do, and knows Asia?).
I have listened to some of the songs mentioned above, and haven't heard a bad song yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: ohio
I have a Cd a friend made me with a bunch of unreleased (they were issued on 45's) and TV/Movie issued tracks. I love "Fool's Affair", "Love Is Forever" plus there was a song in the movie Violets Are Blue that I adore! I hope someday Kathy & Vince are able to get these tracks released! The new CD/DVD ("Shine ON") package makes me believe that if or when these treasures are issued they will be released abroad. It seems the foreign market thrives on classic artists like Laura! I mean the in Japan and the UK The Carpenters still sell in the millions! This gives me hope that there will be a great Laura "rarities" collection issued someday! :-D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:28 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Kansas
My favs are Don't Close Your Eyes, More Than Just a Memory, and Time Strangers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next