It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

:text-goodpost: there GWashingMachine

I really like "Over You" also, I first heard it when I bought the compilation album produced in 1995 I believe it is.
I immediately liked the song, and it has special meaning to me. I like to sing along with it, but unfortunately my voice dies out somewhere around the "I don't give a damn what you do" area of the song :oops: (I know, I know, I shouldn't even TRY to sing Laura's nice songs, please forgive me for NOT being able to help myself!) So my cover of it kind of bites, especially towards the end. But that doesn't stop me from singing along with it in my car, as it is definitely in my 10 top favorites by Laura :romance-heartsthree: :music-listening:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Thanks BF777!

Does Anyone Know If 'Over My Heart' Was Released On Vinyl? It Would Be Helpful To Know!
Thankyou..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:57 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

well, I love this album, this is great and very confortable, this is my favorites for order:

Over You 10/10: amazing voice, amazing song, this is the best from the album, fabulous!!!
Didn't We Almost Win It All 10/10: another great and fantastic and magic song, totally classic!!!
I'll Wait For You 9/10: I like very much, catchy and one very potential single!!!
Only Time Will Tell 9/10: another favorite from this album, I love the voice and all melody's song!!!
Love Your Girl 9/10: I love this "fast song" and brisk-dancing!!!
Is There Anybody Here But Me? 9/10: great ballad with beautiful melody and intimate voice!!!
It's Been Hard Enough Getting Over You 8/10: another great slowly song!!!
Over My Heart 8/10: lovely song!!!
The Sweet Hello, The Sad Goodbye 8/10: Roxette's cover, this is a great version!!!
How Can I Help You Say Goodbye? 8/10: very slowly and
Mujer Contra Mujer 8/10: another cover, this spanish song of Mecano group!!!, Laura sing in perfect spanish!!!
Mangwane [The Wedding Song] 7/10: I like very much Laura voice with childrens, beautiful end of album!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
First I have to say, that it took the most time for me to get into that album but I think that it is the most emotional and personal album of Laura. The album with the most beautiful ballads on one CD...

It"s hard to choose between the songs, but the most emotional song is "How can I help You To say Goodbye?". It's really powerful lyrics that get deep under the skin. Fulfilled with pain but at the same time giving you so much strength (sth. like "Never in a Million Years").

Than two absolutely outstanding ballads: "Over You" and "Didn't We Almost Win It All". If I was depressed and would have listen to some songs to find a new start I'd for sure choose "Over You".

Finally I'd like to accent 3 more songs:
"Only Time will Tell" - just great song (I love this one) - a very nice 90's ballad

"Is there Anybody Here But Me?" - what can I say - this song is such a great thing from lyrics an arrangement that beside "Over You" it is the most remarkable song on this album. I love the Saxophone and this moody chords... Once listened to It never lets you forget the melody

"It"s been Hard Enough To Get Over You" - I wonder why this was not a great ballad hit.. This songs has everything - especially the typical style of ballads in the early 90's - If you can remember Bryan Adam's ballads or "One moment in Time" from Whitney Houston you will get the clue what I mean... It could have been also a great song..

Coming finally to an end I would say that "Over My Hearth" is the most emotional, personal and mature album of Laura. I think that in fact, after listening to all Laura's albums, I can say that it is the best of them considering the content and Laura's involvement and productions credits. But like I said first You have to know the other songs to get the difference.

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Great comment! :banana-dance:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:27 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
I'm waiting my new album OVER MY HEART of Laura . I'm very impatient to listen it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

It will be worth the wait!
Don't wear the CD out!!!! :lol:
:greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
Very good album very emotional The sweet hello The sad goodbye and Over You masterly :clap: unfortunately the last album studio of Laura :cry: