It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
I had to hear this album several times to get an opinion about it.
Well... my personal bests of this album are "Moonlight on water" and "Never in a Million Years".

I also very very like "Let me in" and "turn the beat around".
The first one is absolutely special - non song before and after was similar to this one. I like the beat and Laura singing here - It would be a great hit nowadays but like I said I cannot get tired of listening to this one :-) The second song is also a very nice one. Great modern beat and melody, as a song redone it's better then the original :)

The other songs are of course good songs - like "No promise no guaranty" and "reverse Psychology" and last but not least - "The best was yet to come" - IMHO so much better than Brian Adams version...

After the first hearing You cannot say if the album is good or not, these songs are totally different from the earlier once Laura had sung, but they were of course made in the spirit of that times - the 90"s and in my opinion it was a really nice work. So sad, the songs wern't played on tv as much as they should have been played...

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:56 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: CA
"Reverse Psychology" is one of the catchiest songs Laura (or anyone) ever did! Seriously, and she sounded like she had so much fun singing on it. :) Yeah it's pure synthpop and sounds more like 1986, but a shame it wasn't a major hit.

About half the CD I have to be in the mood for, but "Moonlight on Water" is a great energetic dance song that also deserved to be much more popular than it was (not only was it probably modern for 1990, but even NOW it still sounds fresh), and the remake of "Turn the Beat Around" is another catchy dance pop song. "Never in a Million Years" is a wonderful slow song too.

"Bad Attitude" is very underappreciated too, kinda new jack swing. That's another (for its time) modern and cutting edge song Laura should've gotten way much more credit for.

I've been a big Eddie Money fan since I was a kid too, and his original "Let Me In" is a kinda R&B tinged atmospheric unique song for him... so I love hearing Laura's take on it which is a bit slower and more melodic.