I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

The Power of Love

Laura's version runs circles around the others.

Danny

Danny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

i love Lauras ballads.its verry hadr to pick one favorite.
" Your Love", "How am i supposed...", " Will You still love me...", "Didnt we almost win..." " I know you...", " If thats what it takes" are the best. power, emotions, passion.its sad that so many people dont know them.

but my favorite and best ballad ever is "Power of love". only LB version give us so many emotions, when i hear that version i feel that she sings really,i can feel emotions,energy,love. i could use Polish words: " ciarki mnie przechodza":)

have a nice day,

Przemek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:50 am 
Platinum
Platinum

State/Province: Victoria
Ok as well as all other's already mentioned I really love Find Me.

Fiona

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:51 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

POWER BALLADS! One of Laura's specialties. It's really hard to choose a couple, much less one in particular. But here goes:

I wish We Could Be Alone - I asked Laura about this one. It's so powerful, and yet so subtle and beautiful. Her response to my asking is a hoot! She told me that when she sings(sang), she revealed a part of herself. That's a pretty good answer, and Everytime I listen, I get knew thoughts, ideas, and images that Laura, with her answer, gave to me. A classic, and by her own hand, no less.

Close Enough - God I love this song. the duet in it just sends chills up my spine. And the way Laura keeps up the power, and the pace, and never once does her voice get tired. This song should have been a hit. That was around the same time(maybe a little after) that "Stop Dragging My Heart" with Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks hit the airwaves. This would have been no exception.

With Every Beat of My Heart - Need I say more?

Don't Close Your Eyes - Brilliant.

Sanctuary - From 'Hold Me.' Love the touch and the sound of it. Laura's voice is always the torch.

I love "Power of Love" and alot of the material on Touch. I would have to say that as far as the term 'ballad' is concerned, there is one that I LOVE!

That would be "The Meaning of the Word" from 'Touch.' She used the 'Less is more' tactics, and the song is perfect. She sounds at the top of her game, and the message of the song is terrific too. A classic rock ballad by all standards and accounts.

Post subject: ballads
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:01 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

Funny, I'd always buy LB's Lp's (and Cd's) for the hits, of course. But the other tracks were not fodder or filler, either. Every track was awesome. There are far too many of her ballads that I love that I can't just pick just one! So many non-fans see LB as a disco/dance artist when she was way far more than that! That when I turn the table on them and play the ballads! I think if Laura would have lived, we would have gotten so many more great albums. I miss her energy but am thankful for what she left behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

I hope I have chosen a song that is a ballad, if not, let me know, as I am closer to an engineer than a musician.
I will get a bit colorful in my decsription, please forgive me.

I like "Over You", it starts off all soft and fluffy like a cute little long haired kitten, then builds in intensity until it has the power of a Turbo Compounded Napier Deltic train engine hauling a heavy train up a mountain pass. (Check out "Deltics go to scotland" on Youtube, forward about 1 minute in and turn the volume way up!, you will know what I mean, thats 36 cylinders worth of smoke belching 2 stroke diesel power). The same intensity is generated during mid to later part of this song.
Sorry, got a bit carried away there, Deltics are unique engines, anyway "Over You" is one of my most favorite songs, because when Laura cranks it up you better hope your speakers can take it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:39 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hey! Great description. And "Over You" is the perfect example of a power ballad. You are right about the song building to a crescendo as it goes along. And by the end, the intensity is almost too much to bear... for some people. Excellent choice. I like that song too. I would love to hear some of the 'unreleased' ballads that she wrote and recorded, but never have been heard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:04 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thanks for letting me know I didn't totally mess things up by choosing "Over You".
I have been listening to "Never in a million years" today, and I must admit that it is a dang good song also, almost enough to make me change my comment.
I know what you mean about some of LB's songs building so much that they are hard to endure the sheer volume and power of her voice. I have problems like that when listening with headphones. You have to turn it up to hear the soft beginning, then throttle it back as it reaches the crescendo, our you Will pay the price!
I don't have that problem with speakers though, only headphones.
Like the top screen says The Voice The Passion The POWER!

I also have to mention "The power of love" this song truly puts a singer to the test, and Laura passed with the highest grade possible!

I would also love to hear some of those unreleased songs by Laura, you can never hear too many of her songs.

Post subject: Re: Ballads
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:03 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: ONTARIO
MY FAVORITE BALLAD OR I SHOULD SAY POWER BALLAD IS "OVER YOU". THE SONG CLEARLY DISPLAYS HER VOCAL RANGE AND IT REVEALS RAW EMOTIONS WHEN SHE COMES TO THE HEART WRENCHING CONCLUSION THAT ONCE AND FOR ALL SHE IS FINALLY! FINALLY! OVER HIM AND DOSENT GIVE A DAM ANYMORE! MY OTHER FAVORITE BALLADS ARE "I KNOW YOU BY HEART" AND "I CAN SEE AGAIN," AND HONOURABLE MENTION TO THE SONG "COME INTO MY LIFE" A DUET LAURA DID WITH JOE ESPOSITO.