It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Branigan" album (1982)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:10 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
What are your thoughts on Laura's Branigan album?

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Awesome. The cd that gave us "Gloria" and introduced the world to Laura & her music.

Danny

Danny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:18 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

This is a great intro to Laura. I could not hear Gloria (before I got the cassette) on the radio enough times during the day. I could not see Laura on Solid Gold or American Bandstand enough. Laura was my new musical crush. What a voice rocking out Gloria. That powerful voice was showcased more on Lovin' You Baby; Please Stay, Go Away; Livin A Lie. Top favorites of mine along with the sad and beautiful I Wish We Could Be Alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:45 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

This was my favorite. I got it in form of an album. The college radio station was moving to cd at the time. "92" I got the tip from the mail guy for the college and I was the first to get to browse the huge album ailes. I instantly searched for Laura. There was only two copies of the album. One still in wrapping and the other well looked to match earlier album times. It was used I think as a party tray of sorts. There was a ring from a bottle on her face but the record was mint in condition no scratches. The other unopened and not released to public.

Loved this record the most, best songs of course Gloria, but my first girlfriend chose I wish we could be alone as our song.

Sad part of the story. I walked out of that radio station with a ton of records but I was most excited about the LB ones I found.

Two months later my apartment flooded. I rented a ladies basement for the cheap rent. Found out that you need renters insurance and the cop just laughed when I said I had collectibles. I lost alot I was at work and came home to a knee deep sewage back up. The actual sewer creeped into the plastic got everything even my clothes. The ladie I rented from had tried to use drain cleaner which etched the vinyl as well. The smell was immense.

I have some records I found at garage sales and second time around stores but not much for Laura tho. I like the old art work on the larger vinyl covers. The cds are too small. I did find some on Ebay but however that place gives me headaches.

Her pose on the cover is soo innocent and real. Her facial expression and laugh lines are perfect here. So young. A very warm smile!

Wolfman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
I agree with you Wolfman, I like the 12" LP covers for the artwork in terms of detail compared to the CD's. I have Branigan, Branigan2, Self Control and Hold Me in 12". I have a question. What year was that picture on Branigan taken? It looks pre 1980 as Laura's style here is very unique compared to the other album covers.

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:54 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Branigan is a nice album. I only bought it about 6 months ago here, and I am glad I did :romance-heartsthree:
I really like Luvin you Baby, Wish we could be alone, Please stay Go Away, and of course "Gloria"
Laura does look pretty young in the photo, it makes you wonder when it was taken.
I will have to start looking for 12" records, since apparently the cover photos are better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:50 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

I love Gloria and All Night with Me. Actually, I loved all of it except Down Like a Rock. Otherwise, the album showed her sweet voice and disposition.

I feel in love with her voice than. I was actually too young for her music! I loved it though!

Laura's Fan,

Gretchen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
The first one Album is always special. So is "Branigan" album to me.
It contains on of the best songs of the 80's - "Gloria" but also "All night with me", "I wish we could be alone", "Living a Lie" or "Loving You Baby"

It is so different to others like the 1990 "Laura Branigan" album. Contains songs with a rocking feel, Laura is singing and performing like a rocking girl :-D All the songs are beautiful but my all favourites (incl. Gloria) are "All night..." and "I wish we could..." - the first song, that Laura co-wrote and it was placed on an album.

She said, that her songs and her music is more poetic - oh yeah... I like the words of this song and I do admire artists who write and sing their own songs.

Laura You ARE the BEST 4EVER!!!!

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
The first album of Laura. When i have it. I'm possess all album of Laura. For me it's really very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:41 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
I'listen it i love with a small preference for Living a Lie :greetings-clapyellow: :romance-heartsthree: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-woo: