It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
"Happy Birthday, Laura!"

"Kath, always remember to tell the fans how much I love them, ok." This was a common phrase that Laura spoke to me many times, whether she and I just got done doing an "Ask Laura" fan question session together, were discussing emails from fans, talking about show feedback, etc. Throughout the years Laura never got to the place where she took her fans for granted, her beloved "other half." On this her birthday, July 3, we collectively fondly recall our memories of her. Some are reminded of concerts they attended. Others smile when they think of that time they met her after a show. Still others have priceless autographs Laura signed and photos that she took with them as momentos to treasure and to be reminded of special times spent with her. For many it's that Laura Branigan song that brings back a special memory or triggers certain emotions. It's also that uncanny way that so many fans feel, that despite not ever having met Laura, they convey to us that through her music she has become so "real," so "personal" to them in a way they are at a loss of words to be able to explain. All of us who truly "get" Laura Branigan really do realize the gift she was, and continues to be. She has a special place within all of us and lives on as we carry forth her legacy.

Laura, we love YOU...and YOU are OUR "other half!" Happy Birthday, LB - we miss you!

Kathy and Vince Golik
Other Half Entertainment
The Laura Branigan Management And Production Company

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Well said. I always remember Laura's birthday, just two days after Canada Day, and right before th 4th :text-woo:
(Sorry I am a bit late reading this) :oops: