It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:25 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hi everyone,

Tommy Bayiokos, Laura's percussionist and special guy who was in her life, asked us to pass along this note as we mark Laura's birthday today, July 3. Thanks for your heartfelt words, Tommy!

Kathy and Vince Golik
Other Half Entertainment

"Musical phrasing, space, dynamics...come down to a whisper, Tommy"- came to my mind after shedding tears of sorrow ten years ago in Armonk, NY. There is much recollection with our dearest Laura Branigan's approaching "Spirit Of Love" Memorial on Long Island, East Quogue, and now for her birthday, July 3rd. "You're my other half,"as she vocalized on stage and sang for you with all her heart and soul. I believe to have "loved and lost" never means we forget, but we keep our own treasure box and recall special memories when we need to. I have renewed strength and solace years later that Laura "the country girl," as she used to proclaim to me, is with God - always around, and we shall see her again at the appointed time. Hope to see many journeying to this year's "Spirit Of Love" to savor the great moments Laura lived out there, where her spirit lives in beauty, and also eternally within us. "Blow out your candles, Laura!"...Happy Birthday in heaven!..Loving you always!

-Tommy Bayiokos

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:46 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Very touching words Tommy, thanks for sharing that message with us all.
I completely agree, I am sure we will all see Laura again, in a much better place than this world of tears.
I think she is indeed still here amoungst us sharing her message of love through her many songs. Many of her songs have messages in them that can help heal a wounded heart, or help us get on with life when we just can't get "Over you". Certain songs such as "Never in a million years" and "I know you by heart" can be hard to listen to, since they can be so touching, if we are in the right spirit and frame of mind. Other songs make you want to get out and enjoy life everyday, since tomorrow is not a certainty for any of us.
Laura's songs helped me through a rough patch in my life, and I am thankful for that.
Happy Birthday LB :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

A quick note, I always launch a big cornflower blue rocket to celebrate Laura's birthday, then put the vid on youtube.
I will get this years vid up soon, I am having a password problem with my YT channel, it kind of locked me out, so I will take care of that. It is a tricky situation, as they seem to want a cell phone number, and I don't have one! :greetings-wavingyellow: