It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Other Half Entertainment Update Statement Regarding "Branigan" Expanded Edition CD - April 16, 2014

It truly goes without saying that we are not happy with the fact that the "Branigan" Expanded Edition CD will not be releasing this Friday, April 18. We have been waiting to receive the remastered audio tracks from Gold Legion for our review and evaluation, and when inquiring yet again with Gold Legion as to the status of remastering, we were informed last evening that there is now a delay on WMG's end (the record company). It is standard protocol that sound recordings are assigned unique ISRC codes (International Standard Recording Codes). It has come to light that the ISRC's for the "Branigan" bonus tracks have not been previously obtained, and due to that oversight, mastering is now on hold, as the mastering engineer must have this information in-hand so the ISRC's can be encoded as part of the mastering process. At the present time, our contact at WMG is estimating that the process to obtain the ISRC's will take another week or so.

Once again we express that we are increasingly disappointed with the continual delays associated with the release of this title; however, as before, these delays have not been on our end, and therefore they have been beyond our control, but notwithstanding, we do apologize.

Once we have a more concrete timetable going forward, a revised release date will be arrived at, and subsequently announced.

We kindly ask that everyone "hang in there" as we work to complete the process of bringing forth a high quality expanded edition of Laura's debut album.

Kathy and Vince Golik
Other Half Entertainment
The Laura Branigan Management And Production Company

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thanks for letting us all know how this project is going, sounds like progress is being made.
We live in a strange world these days, I remember when they wanted to have paperless offices. That turned out to be a joke, computers have increased the amount of paper being used and stored (at least in my field). Some things that would take a certain amount of time in the past take much longer to accomplish these days, so much for computers speeding things up!
Anyway, I look forward to playing this CD when it is done, all the effort it has taken is surely worth it!
Don't suppose I could talk you into another long term project????
Try getting the "Hold Me" album back into CD production!!! :lol: :banana-dance: :banana-guitar: :music-listening:
Have a Happy Easter everyone! :text-woo: :greetings-wavingyellow: