It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laura's Birthday 2013
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:53 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
As we celebrate Laura's birthday, as usual it has been a day of great reflection for me, running a gamut of emotion. The singer, the songwriter, the bandleader, the actress, the daughter, the wife, the caretaker, the special friend, and the list goes on, all the while remaining so real, so genuine, so just like the rest of us. What an incredible person and artist. Love and miss you, Laurie...

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:09 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
:text-goodpost:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:41 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
I am still asking myself what makes the difference between Laura and other singing women...
Why do people love her? What makes it so special that even almost 9 years after her death
she is still getting new fans? Thinking of all this questions I find the answers right in Laura herself.

What I like was her uncommon natural appearance in all those 80"s talk shows...
Her funny dialogues with Dick Clarck in the early 80's, her shyness.... I mean she was so cute,
not so calculating in every word she said - like she would be doing all this thing for ordinary people
(i know, that it was so :)) Than her wonderful performances in Chile... with the public.
Everybody could see how much fun it was for Laura to sing for her fans.

Than a really disaster in her life - the illness of her beloved husband and her devoted care for him,
finally his death... She gave up everything to take care of him. After several years - her
preparations for the big come back and than her accident - but she did not gave up!!!.
I'm not writing this because I want everybody to fell compassion with her... She showed that way
how strong and determined she was.... So devoted, so full of love...

She also did not only sing her songs, she also wrote them and co/produced them. She was a class act.

And there is still one thing - if You look at Her, at her pictures You will find there always a familiar face,
that shines with the full power of a warm, friendly and natural smile. SO SIMPLE SO TRUE.

Not sure how others think, but for me this is all about Laura :D

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: MA
I had a funny feeling I could sense July 3rd was her birthday! I just knew deep in my heart she's with me wherever I go. I will never forget Laura's concert at the South Shore Music Circus, Cohasset, MA back in July 23, 1989. I had tickets to see her there. But I didn't know that the people in front of me (after receiving an important phone call) turned towards me and gave me their tickets. I had NO IDEA these tickets were "FRONT ROW SEATS!!!!!!!!!!" I was just so thrilled to be just a foot away from my idol all these years of knowing her music. I would sing with gusto and proud of her accomplishments. I gave her one of my two roses. To hand the rose to Laura was a special moment in my life. I asked her if she would allow me to take some photos, and she did say YES! I was only a foot away from the stage. It was just a miracle to be so close to Laura. I am her biggest fan from day one!!!!!!!!!! This was like a dream come true! I have more of a connection to Laura than anyone could ever imagine! She signed my program, my album SELF CONTROL. It was such a memorable experience that I will NEVER forget!!!! She is the best!!! Her voice is spectacular! I know all the words to all of her songs! I became a part of her life, and yet she became a part of my life. And will be forever!!

I was so devastated when she passed away. I remember that day because my neighbor hugged me. I became so emotional that I knew
she definitely a part of me....I am so proud to know Laura. Her music lives on inside me forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hi Val,

:text-welcomewave: to the Forum!!! :smile: Thanks for sharing your story. We're glad that you got to see Laura in concert and to meet her...and FRONT ROW SEATS, too! :banana-dance: :happy-wavemulticolor:

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Take care. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Kathy and Vince

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:24 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Yes, thanks for sharing that with us Val, we know what you mean about Laura becoming a part of your life. I know some people just won't understand it, but many of us here do! I like what TF1 said on youtube a few years ago "be careful buying all of Laura's songs and listening to them, you will become hooked on her singing", yes she is quite the Siren!
I never met her, but her songs sure have touched my heart over the years :music-listening: :romance-heartsthree: :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:31 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
Yes BF 777, so do I :-D Never had a chance to met her, but her voice and singing and her shining face made it to be Laura as a part of my life too :-D

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

And from what I have watched on vids, and read, Laura wanted it that way! (to touch peoples hearts down to their soul)

As I said, you have to watch out for this Siren, once she gets a hold on you (through her fantastic singing) it is all over except the E-Bay CD purchases (and LB Online of course!) :music-listening: :romance-heartsthree: