It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Blue Recordings?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

My dear Kathy,

Could you give me the gritty on this Joel Diamond, and the "Silver Blue Recordings" that are purported to be, of Laura's first studio recordings, "Memories", and "A Much Greater Love?" I have always found them to be as lovely as Laura ever was, and the former certainly has that raw emotion that comes from a "demo recording" of sorts, plus this guy Diamond states his proximity to Laura and her career on the internet, and on outlets such as amazon.com of all places.

Are these the genuine article? Either way, they are great, but I haven't seen anything in the news, or elsewhere regarding them.

Thanks,
Peace,
And I hope all is well. I miss things here at LBO.

Cajestic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hello Cajestic!

Where have you been? So glad to see you back here, and hope that life has been treating you well. :smile: Joel Diamond is legitimate and a producer of high regard in the industry. He indeed was Laura's producer of her first studio recordings, "Memories" (a song written by Laura) and " A Much Greater Love." A couple years back he and I had an interesting phone conversation regarding his work with Laura.

Don't be a stranger for so long next time, OK?

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Kathy!

On target as always! :) I will try not to be a stranger so much. I am always checking back here and seeing what's new, and am super excited beyond all get out about the new expanded editions of Branigan and Self Control. I will be first in line, lemme tell you! And I am also so proud of you, and grateful at that, to have you guys putting forth as much effort as possible. As ever, it is imminently clear that Laura made the right choice in having you guys as her career successor.

Thanks for the info. regarding those two tracks. Funny, I would have thought that Silver Blue and OHE would have collaborated on that effort - maybe would have put those two tracks on the Branigan re-issue along with the others...but I know legal matters play into that as well. Hey, at least we have these recordings to the public at all!

My love to you, Vince, and Rhiannon, and will try not to be away so much. Moved to L.A. almost a year ago, and still adjusting! :P

More soon,
C.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Wow, a move to L.A. - that's cool! :happy-sunny: Hope you're there following your dreams! Yes, it's very exciting about the "Branigan" and "Self Control" expanded reissues. Can't wait to get them in the hands of the fans!

As for the "Branigan" reissue and a consideration of the Diamond-produced early tracks, since the contract for the reissue originates with WMG, it's only the material that Laura recorded while under contract with Atlantic that is able to be licensed for inclusion.

As always, thanks for your kind words of support, and we send our love to you as well, my friend!

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:02 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
:text-welcomewave: back!!! Nice to have a veteran here again :-D Hoped so much that some of the "veteran" users will come back to this board :) Let's keep it going that way :greetings-clapyellow:

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:04 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hey barteek!

Yup, after years of observing, but not really partaking in conversation, mostly because I have been so busy going to film school, through relationships, moving to L.A., performing, working, and a bunch of other stuff, I had no energy to keep up with the BraniFans! But I never left. Good to be back and in the company of the "tribe" of Branigan vets!

Caj