It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:23 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Yea, that is an awesome ad, wish they had those on the buses around here! :wink:
One thing I was going to mention arouns Valentines day, but forgot to.
They had the little heart shaped candies in a bowl at work. Guess which one randomly pulled out?
Yep, "Hold Me" :music-listening: I searched for another one, there weren't any more. The Lemons put a version up 2 days later :o Just an interesting random thing there that happened with the candy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
Hello,
Some may remember the post I made on July 3 about a rookie pitcher for the Texas Rangers, Tommy Hunter, who won his first major league game that day, which was also his 23rd birthday. Not long ago I sent him a Best of Branigan CD, and a short letter, mentioning that they were both born July 3. Don't know if he's ever heard of Laura, but he has now! Hopefully I made a new Laura fan.

TF1

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:48 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

gday everyone,i sent a a request to 96fm here in perth three weeks ago to play self control ,but alas no go,sad as they were only ones who announced Lauras passing.Ill keep trying as great music needs to be heard.keep you posted,im not beat yet..from oz...tonester

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
tonester1510 wrote:
gday everyone,i sent a a request to 96fm here in perth three weeks ago to play self control ,but alas no go,sad as they were only ones who announced Lauras passing.Ill keep trying as great music needs to be heard.keep you posted,im not beat yet..from oz...tonester

Hey Tony,

SOOOOO nice to see you back :-D :happy-wavemulticolor: - you must stop by more often, our Aussie friend! :flags-australia: :happy-sunny: :auto-iroc:

You just keep on that radio station, ok!! :teasing-poke:

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy and Vince

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
I don't really know if this is contributing or not but last week, someone at work passed a snarky comment about Laura while they saw me watching a Laura vid on YouTube during lunch hour. They work near me, so the next day I wore my SOL2009 t-shirt and decided to go on Google pics and copy a large picture of Laura and set it up as my screensaver, actually the album cover to Touch. I was getting coffee and they came in, not noticing me but walked past my work station, saw the Laura screen saver and stopped walking. I came up behind them holding my cup and said "Good Morning" They turned around and saw the smart alec look I was giving them, like to say Yessssss?? Thier face turned red. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:42 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Low C Bassman wrote:
I don't really know if this is contributing or not but last week, someone at work passed a snarky comment about Laura while they saw me watching a Laura vid on YouTube during lunch hour. They work near me, so the next day I wore my SOL2009 t-shirt and decided to go on Google pics and copy a large picture of Laura and set it up as my screensaver, actually the album cover to Touch. I was getting coffee and they came in, not noticing me but walked past my work station, saw the Laura screen saver and stopped walking. I came up behind them holding my cup and said "Good Morning" They turned around and saw the smart alec look I was giving them, like to say Yessssss?? Thier face turned red. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Absolutely LOVE that one! :razz: :greetings-clapyellow: You got 'em good, John!!! :text-woo:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
Hey Bassman:
I'm on my way up to Montreal. Point out this scum, I'll take care of the rest!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Sounds like we have a job there for Branigan's Brigade to handle!!! :greetings-clapyellow:

Hey John, the Charger has the new 440 in it, and it NEEDS a break in cruise, do you have an address for us?!!! :lol: :laughing-rofl:

Just kidding around, the Charger is there, but the carburator is at a rebuild place in the southern USA, as we were having Serious tuning issues! :mad: So Buddies driveway is safe. It sounds as though they got the message that you weren't backing down anyways. :wink:
What you did was TOO FUNNY!!! :greetings-clapyellow:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:52 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

On a different subject,
I did a sing along cover version of "Gloria live" at the SRO concert. I appear solo on this vid, a first for me, of course I still have a baseball cap and sunglasses on, just to keep the neighbors guessing!!! :laughing-rofl:
I added a few props and hand motions to liven it up, so far folks seem to like it.
I know I can't sing my way out of a paper bag :oops: , but I always have fun singing along to Laura's songs :romance-heartsthree:
I have liked that live version by Laura, since I first saw it, as she seems to be having such a Great time with the audience, she was at home on the stage! :happy-sunny: :text-woo:
Sookie2007 has added it as a vid response to the original vid.

I tell you all this just to let you know what I have done to keep Laura's legacy alive, not to advertise my YT singing. Personally, I would like to hear Cajestic sing, as I am sure he is good at it. :music-listening:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:53 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Back here again :oops:
I tried to upload a new cover of "Never in a million years" on Youtube. For some reason, certain folks wouldn't allow the upload, which needless to say didn't impress me! :mad: I know, I know, it isn't MY song, so I shouldn't complain!
So, I decided the song WAS going to go onto my channel. I sang it a cappella :oops: :o
Needless to say, the results are NOT stellar, but I DID win that little argument. Although they were looking closely at it from the extended upload time, but I think their hands were tied, that or they were too busy laughing their Butts off!!! :confusion-scratchheadblue:
Check it out on YouTube, IF You DARE!!! Hope you have tough ears, as you will need them!

Sorry Laura, at least I didn't mention your name anywhere near this song. I AM expecting the Fire Hose treatment now for sure, LowC! :laughing-rofl:
Catch you all later :greetings-wavingyellow:

Further note: Well, I guess the Other Dudes don't like to lose either! "Cry Wolf" is no longer on my channel :sad:
I kinda figured something like that might happen. Oh well, guess it is time to whistle and drum the song, and sing it by myself! :lol:
I just gotta figure out the music mixing details, and I will be onto it. What do you think LowC, will this earn me the Double Fire Hose treatment!!! :o :laughing-rofl:
Thanks GWashing... for your nice comments on my vids, I appreciate the support, as I know afterall we can be pretty Lemoney at times :oops:
Have a Great weekend everyone :greetings-wavingyellow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next