It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 pm 
Platinum
Platinum

State/Province: MAssachusetts
if someone here could explain a few things i would appreciate it when Laura passed away what happens to her music say it is played oh one hundred times in a year where do the royalties go? and when a cd is released with unreleased music who has the say that it can be released Thankyou Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Kansas
Upcoming?

At the rate the release date keeps getting pushed back, it will be sometime in 2010 before that is out. Pushed back to December already, and how many more times will it get pushed back? Vince and Kathy said it wasn't going to happen as advertised, and it looks like they are right. As I said in the original thread, we should all wait until the CD is released before we get into a debate about it, but it now looks like we might not live long enough to see that happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:00 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
tiggerstripe wrote:
if someone here could explain a few things i would appreciate it when Laura passed away what happens to her music say it is played oh one hundred times in a year where do the royalties go? and when a cd is released with unreleased music who has the say that it can be released Thankyou Tom

[font=Arial]First of all, as we have said in the past, the specifics of royalty payments are a private matter, and therefore will not be discussed here. Also, due to the inappropriate handling of specific recent issues and material facts on the part of certain fans, paired with our duty and responsibility to protect Laura's interests, we have reassessed our policy of early dessemination of certain specific information to the public.

Kathy and Vince
[/font]

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:44 pm 
Platinum
Platinum

Kathy thankyou for the info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Tom,

May I suggest you just give it up, since it's clear you're being sent over here from the 'swamp' to do their bidding. Kathy and Vince told you the truth -- if you're not prepared to understand and deal with that truth, then it's your right to stay gullible and believe the lies and libel that totally flood that other board, but it doesn't need to be aired here, by people such as you, no less, who have been hammered and made fun of by those same people on that board in the past. In my opinion, they play people like you for suckers, pretending to welcome you with open arms, but laughing at you behind your back for what they view is your ignorance.

It's pretty clear what your motives are right now, and I suggest you rethink your strategy before you make yourself even more of a laughing stock than those on the swamp already believe people like you and Steve Savicki already are.

~ Chaim

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:14 pm 
Platinum
Platinum

Chaim Thankyou for you posting and comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:46 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

Royalties are a different matter. But as for who owns the rights to Laura's songs, most of her songs recorded from 1980-1995 are owned by Warner Brothers Music. Yes, royalties must be paid, but for the most part, they can liscense the music out... Other songs from that period go to the record companies they were released through, for example, the song "Hot Night" from the Ghostbusters soundtrack, is owned by Arista Records. As for the songs recorded after the end of her Atlantic contract, I am completly unsure of who those rights would have gone to.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:33 am 
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks very Much for explaining that it was nice to get an explanation ! Tom