It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hi everyone,

We were set to share a holiday message with you from Laura's percussionist and special friend, Tommy Bayiokos, that we had received at Christmastime, but with having to disable the Forum around Christmas, we did not have the opportunity to post it when originally intended. Tommy hopes you all had a wonderful holiday season and he wishes you all the best in this new year.

The following is a message for you from Tommy that we received yesterday:

I recently received an award at the Tropicana in Atlantic City for 25 years of dedication in the martial arts. I could not help reflecting about the 25 year anniversary of Laura's Self Control and her devoted fans rejoicing; hence dedicating the award in her righteous memory. I recall Laura during band rehearsals emphasizing phrasing, space, and dynamics which this tune exemplifies, and performing the mega tune towards the end of each show.

As we drive our life cars forward, we may look through the forward life windshield. However, we occasionally look in the rearview mirror to see our lives in back of us. It is the loyalty of the fans, their positive contributions, and the love we all share that defines the upcoming Spirit Of Love Gathering to honor her once more. I know this past holiday season Laura was leading the angel choir from up above and perhaps cooking a lamb entree to perfection - doing what she adored and for loved ones. It is these unique times which remind of the way she touched us that we take with us for years to come. So on the upcoming holidays this season, whether Valentine's or St. Patties, we may toast and "slanche" to Laura's memory, knowing that one fine day we will all rendezvous in God's kingdom. Laura was one in million, and she was singing with all her vocal prowess for you all these golden years. I thank you all once again for your loyalty towards her and sharing the love in her eternal memory. May God continue to bless all of you.

-Tommy Bayiokos

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:15 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: MA
Hi Everyone!! Tommy has a wonderful way of exxpressing himsef...similar to our own J.T.!! What a great letter to read in these long dark winter days. It brightened my day! I do have to ask Tommy to explain "slanche"!! That is a new one to me! Mel xox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:12 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Ontario
Thanks for your well wishes to us, Tommy, and the very same to you.......

Mel - we have an Irish Pub up here called Slainte (pronounced Slanche). It basically means "cheers" or "to your good health"......

Marikate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Marikate wrote:
Mel - we have an Irish Pub up here called Slainte (pronounced Slanche). It basically means "cheers" or "to your good health"......

Marikate

Marikate,

You are correct regarding the Irish term... and Tommy is referring to Laura offering "cheers" during dinner, special occasions, etc.

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:47 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: MA
Thanks guys!!! I feel enlightened and have a new word to toss around!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Great letter Tommy :greetings-wavingyellow:
I have to agree with you about Laura singing in the Heavenly Choir, I have made a few comments relating to that on youtube. Sometimes I follow it up with an explanation that a talent like Laura's would never be passed over up there. Once I remember saying that perhaps LB left us so soon because the heavenly choir needed the lead soloist back. But youtube isn't quite as friendly a group of people as here, so I have to be very careful about what I say.
Anyway, I liked the thoughts expressed in your message, so thanks again Tommy :text-goodpost:

Miles :smile: