It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Poland!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:29 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: dolnośląskie
Hi! I am Piotr, and I am 13 years old. I know Laura from... Game. GTA Vice City, that was the one of best games I have ever played. I remember that, when I was nine, I heard Laura's song "Self Control" in radio. That was amazing! 3 years later I forgot about this... :( Then, I turn on TV on music station (VH1) their played music from the 80's. I heard a Laura's song "Self Control". This reminded me the "old times" ;)

The next thing what I did, was type in Google: Laura Branigan. I didn't read her biography on Wikipedia, but I listened to the other songs.
I loved them! Really! Her songs was amazing! She had perfect voice!
One month after this, I wanted to read her biography. I read on Wikipedia that Laura already gone in 2004. I cried. She had wonderful voice, and she was the really good person. From that moment on I became a real fan.

Now, I have several albums. "Self Control", "Branigan", "The best of Branigan", and the "Laura Branigan the Platinum Collection". I have also one poster from 80's. I want to have the whole discography.

Thank you for reading this, and SORRY FOR MY LANGUAGE MISTAKES! :text-imnewhere:

"Shattered Glass" and "Never in a Million Years"... <3

Post subject: Re: Hello from Poland!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:05 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
:text-welcomewave: to the Forum, Piotr! We're glad to have you here. Always so awesome to see those your age discovering Laura and her music, and becoming fans, as that's the way her memory stays alive and her legacy continues to move forward! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks for sharing your story, and we look forward to hearing more from you here! :happy-sunny:

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kahy and Vince

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi Poitr,
Welcome to Laura's Forum, glad you have signed on.
You sound to be a real fan, having gotten so many albums already!
I totally agree, Laura has a perfect voice. Another fan of Laura's is a man who goes by TF-1 (Texas Fan 1) here on the forum. He says that Laura is a Siren (meaning that once you hear her singing :music-listening: , you are under a spell :romance-heartsthree: , and you MUST hear more of her songs!) Of course this is just a myth, but we like to joke around about it, since it seems to be true.
I was sad when I learned about Laura passing away also, as I never had a chance to meet her or see her sing, but we are all sure she is singing in Heaven!
There are many song Laura sang to be discovered, a few of my favorites are: "Never in a Million Years", "Sanctuary", "The Lucky One" and "Heart of Me" just to name a few. I look forward to hearing from you again.
You sound like you are well on your way to being a member of Branigan's Brigade! :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:39 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

Thank you for your kind welcome! :text-thankyoublue:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:18 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
Welcome among us ! :greetings-wavingblue: :greetings-wavingyellow: :text-welcomewave:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi Poitr,
You are welcome, it is always nice to have more people messaging here on Laura's Forum.
Are you searching the internet for a cheaper CD of Laura's "Hold Me" album yet??? :music-listening:

Not trying to beg for youtube views, since I do it for fun only, I have a youtube channel where I sing a few songs about Laura. My latest one is "Laura B" on "The Lemons2009" channel. I mention Laura's singing drawing people to her songs, like the mythical Siren does. I have several songs there I have written about Laura, while I sing them to an existing tune. I must mention though, that I am NOT a good singer, I just like to sing parody songs.
Have a listen if you ever exhaust all of Laura's songs, as there are at least 70 of them!
Take care :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:38 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
:text-welcomewave: I hope you will be here for a long time!

BF777 you know you're a dye-in-the-wool LB fan when you're looking for Hold me on Ebay :-D

Also, whether you hate that video game or love it, Grand Theft Auto is very popular and has featured both of LBs big songs, and created a wave of younger listeners. I remember reading that LB wasn't the biggest fan because of violence etc etc. I can respect that totally, but the truth is that it is good exposure and bringing good young fans.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:02 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

GWashingMachine - Thanks! Yeah, I'm want to stay here for a very long time. :)

Yeah, GTA is violent, but it has a story better than many movies. I respect that someone likes
something I doesn't etc. But I don't like and respect people who say something like that: "I don't like it, if you like it, you are fool because this is bad for me" etc.

Thank you for reply!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Good to hear from you again GW, hope all is going well at university there down under!
Sounds as though Ti Amo is popular there! I don't think I ever heard that song on the radio, only when I bought Self Control on cassette tape. That is the one that was stolen out of my car at about the same time Laura passed away (seems like more than a coincidence to me). I can't verify the date period for sure, as I didn't learn of LB's death until 4 months later on December 26, 2004 (the day of the Indonesian tsunami), my friend happened to mention about hearing of Laura's passing in the summer.
Sorry, I got a bit off topic there.
Yes, I agree, it is good that Laura is getting new young fans through the GTA. I remember back 5 years ago when so many songs were removed from youtube (glad they arrived at a compromise), even back then Gloria and Self Control had views up in the millions.
Hi Poitr (hope I didn't spell your name wrong again!), good to see you leaving so many comments here
Take care guys. :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:59 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

Yeah, you have made a mistake again. :lol:

Nothing happend, but this is funny. :)
Call me Peter if you want. This is the same name.

So, thanks for all replies!

BTW. BraniFan777, I've made some language mistakes for sure
, so you are not alone. :-D