It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
Hello everybody. Greetings from Poland.

It is my first post on this forum. Sorry if I'm making stupid writing misteakes, but I'll try my best.

My name's Bartek (29) and I come from a beautifull country in the center of Europe - Poland.
I landed on this forum through the official LB Website. I can still remember the first time I heard . about Laura.

It was in the late 80's as my father returned from working in France (in Poland we had then comunism and many people went abroad to finde a better place to live). He brought many recorded tapes from the western Europe with many wonderful songs. There was also the song "Self Control" and "Gloria", but as well "Ti amo". He wondered why "Ti amo" was sung on eglish because at the times in Poland Italo Disco was very popular and they played the original italian version :) Then we moved to another bigger city after the change in '89. Several cassetes were lost.

I found Laura again playing GTA Vice City about 2002. I really liked the song, and because in the Internet I couldn't finde any more informations abut Laura it stopped on "Self Control". Then last year i recorded several CDs, to made the journey to work more fun. I recorded than a 80's Cd which contained +Self Control+. Then I started to finde any more songs from Laura and Informations about her, because I like to read about artists, their life etc.

First - Wikipedia - not so many infos but I read about her passing. It didn't hit me at first time.
Then I wanted to see anything that was on Youtube. And then it started. The video of Self Control knocked me down. "Gloria" and "Ti amo"... then i found "Never in a million years" and a live performance of "Hearth". This was the hit.
Meantime reading her story and biography on LBOnline.com i felt very emotional to her and her life. It was like I'd realise, that I lost somebody I knew all the time, a very close friend. I was depressed about her story... Ironicly I managed to get over it listening to "Never in a....". Maybe my reaction was so emotional, because she was like many other simple poeple, like me... After the changes we had to come over many difficulties with my family. Had to made my life on myselfe not to use the help of my parents. Then the history wit her husband, and her comeback.

The second thing, which had an enormous impact on me was her music. I can say that i have a sense for music and her music was different. I've never heard a singer singing with such emotions. "How am i suppoused...", "power of love" or "hearth"... I couldn't stop listening to her. Then was "Solitare" a really wonderful and powerful song. I said maybe other songs? I was afraid, because may artists made 1 or 2 good songs, Laura made more of them. Every song was a new expirience... "All night with me", "I wish we could be alone", "The lucky One", "With every beat of my Hearth"... Lovely. Then was the "Hold Me" album. So many underrated songs... "Hold Me", "I found someone", "Tenderness" or "forever Young...". Another album Touch just drew me away.... Than was "Monlight on water" and "Over You" with "Didn't we almoste..."

So I landed here, and I'm very happy about that. I love Laura and her Music, because it is so different to others - it contains emotions - something todays music is really leacking...

Ok, sorry for this long "book" but I'm happy to be Lauras Fan. Thank God I found Her :)

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
Welcome in to the Website of Laura Branigan. :text-welcomewave: (Your Avatar is very Lovely)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:26 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

Oh thank you. Spent a lot of time to find the right one :)

Baby let me touch you

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
:text-welcomewave:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: dolnośląskie
O, fajnie, iż jest tu jakiś Polak (meaning of word polak is in my nick ;) I must say that, because in many, many english websites Polak is a bad word) poza mną. Jesteś aktywny na tym forum? Szkoda by było gdybyś był tu tylko jednorazowym gościem. A tam całkowicie BTW. Siemka!
Jezu, to było takie głupie pytanie xD Masz rangę multi-platinum, a ja się pytam czy jesteś aktywny ;-;
Znowu edytuję haha, poprwawiam, masz Cerified Gold. GWashingMachine mnie zmylił :-D

"Shattered Glass" and "Never in a Million Years"... <3

Last edited by A_guy_from_Poland on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:06 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

Welcome Piotrek :-D
So nice to see you in here :) It is so awesome to have a fan of Laura from Poland registered here :)

Baby let me touch you