It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:53 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: NC
Hello :greetings-wavingblue:

My Name is Lars and I am from North Carolina. The way I became Laura Branigan "Fan" was special. When I was 5 I get from my friend Milou "Sentimental Lover" my first Italo Disco Record. I always loved Italo Disco and my mother was going to get my here and there new records. And then I missed one. I was turning 12 years old and had a big collection. Just the Song Gloria was missing. So I told my mom "Please get the Song Gloria" and she did. Well I get the Song, packed it out and first I was like "Ups wrong Singer". My mom grabed the Version from Laura Branigan, because I am David Hasselhoff Fan and Jack White produced Gloria. Well I gave that woman I did not know a chance and put Gloria on my player and turn up the voloume. And what should I say, the music goes right through my ears in my soul. A couple days later after christmas (My Birthday is December 21) I went trough the store and get my copy of the LP self control.

When I was back home I turn up the Voloume and close my eyes to load up my batterys, because the album for me was amazing. When my dad goes in the warzone to fight with the americans (He is soldier) it was so painfull because I never know if he comes back or not. I bought my second LP by then, it was "Branigan" and I put both records on Tape. I grabbed my Walkman and every day on the way to school in the Traing Laura was there, not a day without Lauras music. Over my bed I had a big Poster. My Dad made it for me, lifesize. I get the Videoclips on VHS whenever I could. I had my own T-Shirt as well, just for me :cool: Everybody was talking about Girls and all but I was always with Laura, because she was normal, special. After School I traveld alot and worked for BMG.

In 2002 I meet Laura finaly, it changed my live and my music and my understand about her music. Laura was so full of love and happiness, she was so special and all her hugs and kiss kiss, wow :-D

Well sadly it was the last time I saw her and we all know well how the story ends. It gets me so bad when I heard about what happend I had 3 weeks problems to go on. When she passed away, I felt a part of myself goes as well. Still today I listen to her music and load my batterys up. When my mom passed away it was so bad. My wife left me to made all ready in the USA the same year my mom passed. She took our dog as well. My dad was with friends, traveld alot. It was his way to come over things. I am sensitive. I needed my own way and listen alone in my house all day Laura up and down, all my records. When I moved to states and missed home it was the same. I need Lauras Music. And then my grandma passed away. Again Laura get me back to life.

I am proud to be a fan and lucky to saw her before....you know. I have my own buisness, LG Filmworks and love to help people and be there. I guess we have to do so much more then just look out for people. We have to respect them, give love and be there. I guess I just try to make the difference and till now Laura is a part of my life. Her spirit changed me in all ways

Lars Groeneveld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:12 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hi Lars,

:text-welcomewave: to the Forum! It has been my pleasure to get to know you on Facebook, and we're glad to have you here! :smile:

We always love to read the stories of how LB fans came to be, and we thank you for sharing yours. So glad that you had an opportunity to meet Laura, and that her music has greatly helped you get through the loss of your loved ones and life in general.

We look forward to your participation here! :techie-typing:

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:27 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi there, glad you shared your touching life story with us all !
Yes, it seems that Laura's singing has been there for lots of us when we have needed it when we hit a bumpy patch in our lives :music-listening:
I know LB's songs have helped me thru a tough time or two, plus I just really enjoy Laura's singing! Laura's loving spirit just has a way of coming thru in her songs.

Welcome to the Forum :text-welcomewave:
Catch you later. :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: NC
Thanks for the warm welcome :techie-typing:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi Lars,
Good to hear from you again!
You have a very touching story about how Laura has helped you thru tough times in your life. I feel the same way and know at least one other person here has had similar experiences.
Laura's spirit comes through in her various songs, and touches ones heart, albeit sometimes more than others, and it varies from song to song. But I know what you mean, as do many other people. Laura is one special lady!
Hope to hear from you again soon :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:13 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: LOIRE
From France ,Hello Lars you are so lucky to meet Laura. I see your life is not to easy in the past. I hope that now it's better for you. For me when i listen Laura's album i'm to relax it's wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:24 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Wielkopolska
Hi Lars, many greetings from Poland. I have to state too that you were happy to met Laura. I can only imagine what a person she was, but listening to her songs, following her life you straight get a feeling what a wonderful person she was. I must say, that her songs have this magical "touch" and they always stay with you. I get never tired of listening to "Memories" - this song is so special, i can not even describe her voice in that song with words... it is just unique and like an angel voice :)

Baby let me touch you
Let me feel your fingertips
Baby let me touch you tonight

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Well said barteek22, I completely agree, there is just something special about Laura's songs. That is what has us all hopelessly hooked on them!!!
:music-listening: :romance-heartsthree: :text-woo: