It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Semper Fi
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hey, trust me folks, if I had a job, or won the lottary, I WOULD be going to SOL2010 for SURE!!!!
Wild Horses couldn't keep me away!
I hope all of you can make it there!

I will make a youtube vid for you folks (No singing this time!!! :laughing-rofl:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:59 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

State/Province: Missouri
I'm sorry for being so non-commital. I usually am pretty decisive, but this year is hard to plan. I'll be there with my Beloved, if at all possible.

Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
danburger1964 wrote:
I'm sorry for being so non-commital. I usually am pretty decisive, but this year is hard to plan. I'll be there with my Beloved, if at all possible.

Dan

It's very understandable Dan, but I really want to meet you and your wife, and personaly thank the two of you for your service to our country. Best wishes to Danny as he follows in his dad's footsteps. God Bless!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

Thanks Brother.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
Low C Bassman wrote:
BraniFan777 wrote:
3 hours drive Eh, thats like it would be for me to Montreal.

I still haven't gotten out to Hawkesbury yet. The people I promised that wine to are starting to get furious.

Well, I finally made it out to Hawkesbury 2 Saturdays ago (June 12). Interesting. I had my first encounter with GPS. I figured I had three options:

1. Take a map and printed directions and try reading it going 65 MPH on the highway, get lost, ask other motorists and pedestrians for directions. :auto-swerve: Uhhh.... nope.

2. Buy a (decent) GPS for $200 and use it once. Nope.

3. Rent a car with GPS for the day for a fraction of the price. :-D BINGO :-D

So I went to pick up the rental car and to start, I loaded it with my home address to see how it would work. Emily with the lovely British accent started to prompt me. Ok, before I take off from the rental place, I need music. The car was equipped with a Sirius Satellite radio. When I first noticed it, I thought "huh... cool, I've heard of this thing." Let me show you how old fashioned I am. I pushed the power/volume button to turn it on. I couldn't find the tuner knob. Where's FM/AM?? Touch screen obviously. I scrolled through types of music, selecting "Rock". Nothing happened. How does this thing work? I saw preset stations. Okay, let's shoot for something recognisable. Let's see here..... 40's on 4, 50's on 5, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, 80's on 8... 80's?!?! :happy-smileygiantred: YOINK :happy-smileygiantred: select and GO :-D

Oh yeah, classic 80's rock, plus the screen gave the name of the artist, the name AND year of the song and the name of the show I was listening to. Plus the car had some premium sound system. Sadly though, no Laura songs. The closest was the original "Der Kommissar After The Fire".

Getting to Ontario was okay, no re-direction. Funny though, I needed to turn on a street in Montreal called Viau. Correct french pronunciation is VEE-OH. GPS said VOW, with a British accent.

Coming home, I saw highway 50 east Montreal. About 500 meters away it told me to turn on Concession Route 4. Too bad, I'm taking highway 50 east. Re-calculating, Re-calculating, Re-calculating, turn right in 200 meters, turn right now. I do that and I'll wind up in the ditch. It did that 4 times before it realized what road I wanted. Oh well. Neat trip.

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

Last edited by Low C Bassman on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

Great Post!!! LMAO. I hate GPS. TOM TOM, Lies, Lies. I was in the military when GPS became the big thing. Give me a map and compass.

One nearly got us killed in Sydney. Sending us down the wrong way on one-way streets. I do not trust them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:57 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
My daughter and beloved just gave me one for Fathers Day. It's been getting me home from work for two days now. Never knew how wrong I was until some chick in a plastic box starts yelling at me to "take a right, take a right, take a right you idiot. Never mind, stop at that gas station and ask directions."
Well, guess I'll use it in August on Long Island. Last year was distracting and very irritative the way some of the traffic patterns work.
Jim :banana-dance:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 pm 
Billboard Top 10
Billboard Top 10

The sad thing is, this is progress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10