It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:57 am 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: TX
Hello to Alaska!!

And BRRRRR that's a cold one! 40 below??? YIKES! Man, just the thought of that makes me shiver and I love the cold. I've got all of Laura's CD's as well, even had the VHS of her concert that was put out a long time ago, but it no longer works :cry: Hopefully at some point we'll be able to buy the DVD or BR of it, I'd love that so much!

Funny thing about me is I LOVE Live recordings. Some of my friends flat HATE them but I don't, I think it's one of the best ways to hear an artist is live. You get to hear them for who they are on a more personal level and to me that's something you can't do in the studio. That was how I actually got to know Laura was through that concert, I already liked the songs a lot but that show was awesome!

Anyway, glad to have you here, hope to hear more from you and have a FANTASTIC New Year! :flags-texas: :occasion-balloons:

We live for the moment and that moment lives through you, lives through me...
Wander by, walking, looking around, less talking, eye to eye we meet yet again.
Friendly smile upon your face, for a moment in time, warm embrace...
Never once for that moment did I ever think I'd feel this way again.

I Live for today, tomorrow may never be...
Looking to the heavens to find you watching over me.
It must be the eyes, eyes of an angel..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:40 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

40 Below!!! :o
BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats even cold for a Canadian!!!
Thats pretty funny that you had to wait for the CD's to warm up to play them, I have run into the same problem before, it is even worse with VHS tapes, you can wreck them by playing them before all the moisture is gone.
I had a nice thing happen today, YouTube allowed my cover version of "Forever Young" to upload, so hopefully it will join "1 Million Views" as a vid response on the sookie2007 channels vid of Forever Young. Unfortunately WMG blocked my upload of my cover of "Never in a Million years". Maybe they figure they can't sell our Lemonized version!!! I am 100% sure they are correct about that!!! :oops: Oh well, 1 out of 2 vids isn't bad, and I kind of brought that on myself, it is a long story that a few of you know :oops: You folks know me, I will take this sitting down, I won't sing another accapella song! :oops: Once was enough! I just wish more songs than Gloria and Self Control were on Karaoke music!
I have to thank WMG and YouTube for having Laura's vids on there, watching them was what made me decide to join the Forum, and to buy all Laura's CD's :text-woo: So inspite of a few bumps, the net effect has been positive for sure!

So I hope things warm up there in Alaska, we have been having a fairly mild winter here north of Lake Ontario.

Oh yea, The "Touch" album CD I mailed to Guetemala (sp?) got there, and is being played constantly!!! :banana-dance:
The LB Fan I sent it to just loves it, which I knew he would! So I am glad I could help spread Laura's joy to another person in a far away place. It just felt like a good thing to do during the Christmas season. :greetings-wavingyellow:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 pm 
Chart-Breaker
Chart-Breaker

State/Province: ONTARIO
I FIRST BECAME A FAN IN 1985. I WAS VISITING TORONTO AT THE TIME AND AS I WAS WALKING DOWNTOWN I SAW A RECORD STORE AND I WENT IN TO VIEW THE LATEST RELEASES AND AS I WAS DOING SO I HEARD LAURAS VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I WAS HOOKED IMMEDIATELY AND TO SEAL THE DEAL SHE WAS SINGING A BALLAD ("FOREVER YOUNG") WHICH SHE EXCELLED AT. I IMMEDIATLEY BOUGHT THE CASSETTE VERSION OF "HOLD ME" (EVERY SONG WAS GREAT) AND POPED IT INTO MY WALKMAN, I WENT THROUGH A FEW SETS OF BATTERIES THAT DAY ALONE LISTENING TO THE TAPE WHICH I HAVE TO THIS DAY. I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE VINYL VERSION OF "HOLD ME" BECAUSE I WANTED THE LARGER VIEW OF A BEAUTIFULLY SMILING LAURA HOLDING "RAGADY ANDY". :text-woo:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thats an awesome story!
I wish that had happened to me, that way I would be a proud owner of the Hold me album!
Since I don't have it, that is 1 reason I was hoping it was going to be brought back into production, and things were looking good, until Wall Street went downhill !!! :mad:

Anyhow, I really like Laura on the Hold Me cover!
My new wife from LB's home state, informed me that it was Raggady Andy, as not being into Dolls, I thought it was Raggedy Anne!!!! :lol:

I look forward to reading more of your comments!
I am not able to visit as often as in the past, but I am still a huge BraniFan!!!
Nice to have you as a new member of Branigan's Brigade :greetings-clapyellow:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:56 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: Ceará
I became a devoted Laura fan in the early 80's when "Gloria" was a huge hit in Brazil. When I heard "self Control" sometime later, I just fell in love with its amazing beat and the terrific atmosphere that song evoked. Laura will Always be pure talent, joy and surrender.