It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:23 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
It's a bit late for introductions, but here's how I became a fan.

Almost three years ago, I happened to hear Gloria on the local 60's-70's-80's station (now sadly gone) :crying-yellow: . I remembered seeing her on a float in the Macy's parade. I remembered what a FOX she was. Could really sing too. Remembered the Self Control video and another song or two.

I got to wondering what became of her and if she'd done anything recently. Of course I discovered she was gone. I guess that's when it started. I was inexplicably DEEPLY saddened, literally heartsick. :confusion-scratchheadblue: I decided to check out her music a bit further, and lo and behold Hastings had Branigan and Best of Branigan. Best of sounded good (usually a good bet to explore a "new" artist) and quite soon I was hooked. Enchanted. Bought Branigan. Soon had collected everything in print. Broke down and bought Hold Me on Ebay. Didn't know she had made that many albums.

Then the pain started. Had all seven albums and Best of. What???? No more???? AAAARRRRGGG!!!!! Worse than telling a wino that they quit making booze! And she was gone. There would be no more. :confusion-waiting: :angry-banghead: . How could I feed this addiction?

Just for kicks I dialed up LauraBranigan.com. Hmmmm. Not much there. Just seemed like a lot of bitter people bashing some site called LBO. So I landed here. Folks seemed nice and wanted to actually talk about Laura.

Then about a year ago I started exploring YouTube. WOW!! Lots of good Laura videos, unreleased songs, etc. An just about the time I was really getting into it, WMG starts pulling them! Rotten sunzabiscuiteaters!!! Made a friend or three who also discovered LBO about that time and landed here as well.

So, here we are. Still dreaming of that nonexistent box set of her complete works of music and videos. Maybe I need to start buying lotto tickets. Maybe I could win enough money to buy WMG and fire all the mudsucking bottom feeders that yanked her videos. Buy the rights to everything she ever did, put it on CD's and DVD's and give them away to anyone who wants them just as a service to mankind!

Well, guess that's about it. I'll accept any and all donations for lotto tickets. If we get lucky I'll hook you up!

Sus amigo,
TF1

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

:text-goodpost: :text-woo:
Interesting reading there TF1 :clap:
Sounds like you and I have a generally similar history of getting to know Laura's music :music-listening:
I fell for "Gloria" back in 82, bought the "Self Control" album on tape, loved it to death, then the last I heard of Laura was "Spanish Eddie" on the radio in about 1987.
The funny thing is that I, like you, wondered what ever happened to Laura Branigan. At that time (the early 90's), I never wondered what happened to any other singer, but for some reason, every year or so, I would wonder about her.
Then my friend informed me on 26 dec. 2004 (the day of the BIG Tsunami), that on some music show, he heard Laura had passed way.
It didn't really hit me very hard immediately, but I got on the internet and searched out more about her life, what she was like, all her songs etc. Then it hit me pretty hard, for personal reasons I won't go into here. Lets just say that Laura and her family, and my family have gone thru some similar events, and trials. So, I could feel some of Laura's pain, and it hurt, and still does, and probably always will.
I also was happy to see that Laura's career continued on after the Hold Me album, I also have bought as much of her music, as I can afford, which is pretty much all of it on CD. Man, they gotta re-issue that illusive Hold Me album :romance-heartsthree:

Thanks for sharing your history with us TF1 :banana-dance:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:22 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: NSW
Hey Everyone, I Found Out About LB's Music Playing "GTA: Vice City Stories" In 2007 (When I Was 11).
I Was Always Listening To Gloria When It Came On, And After About 6 Months I Thought:
Hey? Why Don't I Research Other Laura Songs, I Mean, Gloria's So Good, I'm Sure She'd Have Other Great Songs?
Anyway, I Was Right, Now, 2 Years Later, I've Bought Almost Every One Of Her CD's And Listen To Them In The Car All The Time!
And Now. Some Of My Fav Songs Are: Gloria, Self Control, Spannish Eddie, Unison And Bad Attitude!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 am 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: AK
Hello, everyone.This is my first post. The first time I saw her was when I saw her on CHiPs singing.I was hoping she would do more acting.It turned out that she was an awesome singer. I am glad she did more singing instead of acting.Her voice is awesome,you can always tell when its a song by Laura. I bought only a couple of albums of hers, throughout the years.When I found out she passed away,that just tore my heart in 2.I only started using a computer a year ago, when I decided to buy one of my own.Recently I bought more stuff from the LB Online store. I figured the best place to buy stuff from an artist that you like is from their online store.My favorite songs are - Over You.Lovin You Baby, Didnt We Almost Win It All,Memories I recently heard it on You Tube.I havent yet heard all of her songs yet. My faves wont change, just added, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Alaska wrote:
Hello, everyone.This is my first post. The first time I saw her was when I saw her on CHiPs singing.I was hoping she would do more acting.It turned out that she was an awesome singer. I am glad she did more singing instead of acting.Her voice is awesome,you can always tell when its a song by Laura. I bought only a couple of albums of hers, throughout the years.When I found out she passed away,that just tore my heart in 2.I only started using a computer a year ago, when I decided to buy one of my own.Recently I bought more stuff from the LB Online store. I figured the best place to buy stuff from an artist that you like is from their online store.My favorite songs are - Over You.Lovin You Baby, Didnt We Almost Win It All,Memories I recently heard it on You Tube.I havent yet heard all of her songs yet. My faves wont change, just added, too.

:text-welcomewave: to the Forum, Alaska! :smile: We're glad you're here! It's always interesting to hear how people became LB fans. :text-thankyoublue: for your recent online store purchase. I believe that's the first time we shipped an order to Alaska. It's exciting that you haven't heard all of Laura's songs yet. ENJOY discovering them!

We look forward to hearing more from you. :-D

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy and Vince

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: CT
Welcome to the forum, Alaska. This is a great place to hang. Terrific people that you get to know as friends. Vince and Kathy do a great job. I only wish we could have all met Laura, but V&K do a great job at keeping Laura's memory alive.
Come back as often as you can. It is always well worth the time.
Jim :text-welcomewave:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

jimr wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Alaska. This is a great place to hang. Terrific people that you get to know as friends. Vince and Kathy do a great job. I only wish we could have all met Laura, but V&K do a great job at keeping Laura's memory alive.
Come back as often as you can. It is always well worth the time.
Jim :text-welcomewave:

Thanx. I will be back often.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

LauraBraniganOnline-OHE wrote:
Alaska wrote:

:text-welcomewave: to the Forum, Alaska! :smile: We're glad you're here! It's always interesting to hear how people became LB fans. :text-thankyoublue: for your recent online store purchase. I believe that's the first time we shipped an order to Alaska. It's exciting that you haven't heard all of Laura's songs yet. ENJOY discovering them!

We look forward to hearing more from you. :-D

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy and Vince

:text-thankyoublue: I love the ones I have heard. It was 40 below when I got them out of the mailbox. I had to wait for them to warm up b4 I could play them. The reason I had to wait, is because when I opened them, moisture gathered on them and I wiped them off. Until the CD warmed up enough moisture kept collecting on them.It didnt hurt them any, It just made me wait.
Bad moisture, bad :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Quebec
Hi Alaska,

:text-welcomewave: to the forum. Glad to have you here. Come back often, we look forward to getting to know you. :-D

She is sure
And her truth makes me stronger
Does she realize
I awake every morning
With her strength by my side

This world keeps on spinning
Only she stills my heart
She's my inspiration
She's my northern star
I don't count my possession
All I call mine I will give her completely
To the end of all time

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hi there ALASKA, welcome to the Forum :greetings-wavingyellow:

I like all the songs that you mentioned, "Over You" in particular, and it was even written by Laura :greetings-clapyellow:
I went looking on youtube for it yesterday, and was pretty upset when I couldn't find it there anymore, I WILL be talking to the Geneva Convention about that!!! :laughing-rofl:
Actually, a version of "Over You" is still there, but you have to endure me singing it along with Laura's CD, on "theLEMONS2009" youtube channel which I run. My daughter and I have covered about 20 of Laura's songs over the last year. I am not saying we are good singers, we are just making an attempt to put a few of Laura's songs back onto youtube, the only way we could figure out to do it. I personally hope WMG will upload some of them so they will be safe forever, as I feel Laura deserves that much.

Anyway, nice to have you here with us, talk to you later.

BraniFan777 ,I go by that on youtube also.