It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm 
Debut Album
Debut Album

State/Province: Nord-PdC
Hi everybody !
I'm Fabien, 23 and I live in France.
I love 1980's pop music and "Self control" has always been a favourite. It took me some time, though, to discover Laura. Her version of "Gloria" (I knew and liked the Italian and French versions, but came to love Laura's thanks to the "Grand Theft Auto" video game soundtrack) I knew some of her other songs but discovered later she was the performer. I have to say my interest grew...last month ! I had the opportunity to listen to the 1992 Greatest Hits CD at the library, and really fell in love with her songs. Only 2 singles made the official Top 50 sales charts in France : "Self Control" peaking at n°13 the week the charts were launched in november 1984, and a n°1 hit in other unofficial charts ; and "The lucky one" was a Top 20 hit. But I knew some other songs , "Shattered glass", "Soanish Eddie", "Moonlight on water"...
So basically I know little about Laura's career except the singles. I just LOVE her voice and I will definitely look out for her albums now. When I heard the news of her passing in 2004 (it's good they announced it on the radio as from 1986 her career went on quite unnoticed in France) it was really sad and I always had this curiosity to discover what she had done in her career. Now that I'm on my way, I'm happy to see she has devoted fans and I'm glad to join the club ! :romance-heartsthree:
Excuse me if I make some mistakes with my English ! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Welcome here Fabian :text-welcomewave:
Glad to have you join us.
I have been a fan on and off since "Gloria" came out back in 1982. I really got into Laura's music 4 years ago when I bought the 1992 compilation, and "Remember Me" (which wasn't actually authorized by Laura, just to let you know).
Then last fall I got the internet at work, started watching Laura in videos, and really fell in love with her great music. Since then, I have bought all her CD's that are avilable except one compilation. So now I have lots to listen too :music-listening: :banana-dance:
I look forward to getting to know you. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Oh, just to let you know, I am a man about twice your age, and I live in Canada.
The picture of the Hottie on the Left is Laura :romance-heartsthree:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

State/Province: PA
Hello Fabien,

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the Forum! Vince and I are glad to have you here and we look forward to your participation! :-D

Great username, by the way, with Laura's Solitaire having its origin in France, and the song happening to be my favorite of Laura's! :text-woo: :clap:

Take care. :greetings-wavingblue:

Kathy

Kathy and Vince
Member of The Recording Academy

Webmasters
LauraBraniganOnline.com
The Official Laura Branigan Website

I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You`re still here beside me every day
`Cause I know you by heart...