It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

State/Province: Adelaide
Kerstin and Sally, thanks so much for the greetings. Thankfully i am far away from the fires. They truely have been devestating, loss of life, homes and animals :(

Low C Bassman, thankyou, i sure will get this forum cooking, i love Laura and will be posting on here always :)

Mariakate & Laura - a big thanks for the welcome :)

Kathy & Vince, thanks so much for the very warm welcome, although i am only new on here i feel right at home :) How very kind and thoughful of you to pray for me. I appreciate it more than you could know. "Be Strong & Stay focused" what words of wisdom, and i bet it was these words that got Laura through her own difficult times. While listening to 'Gloria' one day i thought to myself, with Laura being the way she was, had i had a chance to meet her and tell her of my struggles what would she say to me and what would she want me to do? And it was there and then i decided no matter what i was going to fight on and i would make Laura proud :)

You can set me free but you'll come back to me
Didn't we almost win
Didn't we almost win it all~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:25 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Hello again Mandy :text-welcomewave:
I read that you like "Never in a million years" theLEMONS2009 have already done a "cover" of that song, but I am not entirely satisfied with it, so have a listen to it, and I will dedicate a new version of it just to you. I hope I can do it fairly soon, but I currently have a sore throat that is making my already bad singing worse. But be assured I Will re-do Never in a million years for you.
Next up on the play list will be "The Sweet Hello, the Sad Goodbye", this one is a mild cover version, we only threw a summer sheet over this one, unlike the blanket party treatment a few of them have received. For anyone that doesn't know what a blanket party is, you throw a blanket over the persons head and proceed to give them a beating, sorry if thats what it sounds like we have done to some of LB's songs, since we Love her music :romance-heartsthree:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

BraniFan777 i just looked you up on youtube and listened to you singing "Never in a million years" WOW, not a bad job you did on that one. :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

Didn't we almost win

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:35 am 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Thanks for the support and kind words, glad you like me singing along with Laura. I will try to improve that song with a better recording when time and my voice permits, Bad Attitude, kind of gave my voice a work out, my voice tires fairly quickly sometimes, but Laura can go on forever, she sure had the POWER in her voice. :music-listening:
Never in a million years is actually one of my most favorite songs of Laura's, especially since I have watched LB sing it during the SRO concert video on youtube, Awesome performance :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:40 am 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

BraniFan777 wrote:
Thanks for the support and kind words, glad you like me singing along with Laura. I will try to improve that song with a better recording when time and my voice permits, Bad Attitude, kind of gave my voice a work out, my voice tires fairly quickly sometimes, but Laura can go on forever, she sure had the POWER in her voice. :music-listening:
Never in a million years is actually one of my most favorite songs of Laura's, especially since I have watched LB sing it during the SRO concert video on youtube, Awesome performance :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

Have you tried singing "the power of love"? that's sure to get all registers of your voice working? LOL

Didn't we almost win

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Me or us singing "the power of love".... Never in a zillion years, ain't NO way my voice could come close to fitting around that song, although that doesn't stop me from attempting to sing some of it when I am alone driving in my car on a deserted 2 lane highway :laughing-rofl:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:39 pm 
Certified Gold
Certified Gold

BraniFan777 wrote:
Me or us singing "the power of love".... Never in a zillion years, ain't NO way my voice could come close to fitting around that song, although that doesn't stop me from attempting to sing some of it when I am alone driving in my car on a deserted 2 lane highway :laughing-rofl:

:text-lol:

Didn't we almost win

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:08 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

State/Province: Texas
:text-welcomewave: Welcome to the forum Mandy! What a great post. I'm sure Laura would be (or is, depending on what those on the other side know) overjoyed that she's made such a difference in your life. I'm a bit of a latecomer myself, only really discovered her music a couple of years ago. I remember seeing her on TV and hearing her music during the '80s when I was in college. I liked what I heard and really thought she was a FOX but it took that long to really discover her. I heard Gloria on the radio at work one day, and got on the 'net to see what became of her, and learned the sad news. It struck something deep inside me and saddened me in a deep, inexplicable way. Maybe because we are roughly the same age, and when I learned of her death I was almost exactly the same age as she when she passed. As I'm sure you've discovered, there is much about the lady that is inexplicable to those of us who have discovered her. Somehow she has truly touched our souls in a way no artist has before. I'll not waste your time trying to explain it.
I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems. I'm a pharmacist, and my wife is a nurse, so I know how frustrating it can be. Like so many things in life, many times there are no clear answers. We are also devout believers in God so I'll certainly pray for you. NEVER EVER give up! Every day we wake up on the sunny side of the grass is a good day. Life often gives us lemons, the best we can do is make lemonade! He has some plan for your life above what you have now.

Look forward to seeing you around,
TF1

I know we'll reunite beyond time.

Time Strangers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:57 pm 
Multi-Platinum
Multi-Platinum

Did I read something about Lemons? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Sorry, sorry, that was on a whole different topic. :oops:
Good post there TF1
I agree, to us Laura fans, the way she touches or soul is inexplicable, and so far nobody else has been able to do the same thing. Laura was and is very special :happy-sunny: There is alot more I would like to say about how special she is, but I cannot :cry: , as anybody in the world can read the Forum, and some things are to be shared only with other true cornflower blue fans of our dear Laura, who understand our feelings for her.
News of Laura passing hit me pretty hard also, but it was a delayed reaction until I read about some of the big trials in her life that she faced in her later life, then it hit me hard, as I could relate to some of them personally. To me Laura is a heroine having conquered tragic events in her life, and getting back on track musically when she was taken from us. I maintain that the heavenly choir had to have their best soloist back, so she was called home.
It will truly be an awesome experience to see and hear her sing again, I just don't want to have a front row seat in the near future. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am 
Platinum
Platinum

State/Province: Victoria
Hey there, another Aussie, cool, welcome.

Fiona